Discuss S Plan, 2 Houses, 2 Pumps, 2 Programmable Controllers, 1 Shared Gas Boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jimmycooker

icon1.gif
S Plan, 2 Houses, 2 Pumps, 2 Programmable Controllers, 1 Shared Gas Boiler

Is this possible?

Do you just wire up the boiler as per the S-Plan Wiring Diagram, and wire the boiler switched live from both controllers?

Do i need a bypass valve? How is this controlled....don't the boiler pumps stop when the valves close?

Thanks,
James.

Are they 2 seperate houses??

This boiler will fire when any one of the 4 zone valves in this case is opened and sending out a signal on the orange core.

I cant help with the plumbing side of things but electrically the wiring is just an S plan as the zone valves will stop any backfeeding as they do normally.

Might be worth giving extra consideration to equipotential bonding if the sevices are shared by 2 seperate properties

raises all sorts of questions each house own supply? different phases 415v, isolation, equipotential bonding, all this and who pays for the gas used

What kw is the boiler, is it "up to the job" of feeding upto 10 rads per household.

Is it a system boiler or combi? If it's a combi one boiler may not be enough to feed to houses hot water supply, unless you get a real big un (thats technical talk for a boiler with a really large flow rate) ;)

Thanks for all the replies lads.

It's a separate granny flat out the back of my small 3 bedroom detached house. It has 1 ensuite bedroom (upstairs) and qn open plan living room kitchen downstairs. I think the existing boiler is fine, but I'm going to move it to a boiler house in the garden where I'll have a cold water accumulator tank and big twin coil tank for solar and gas heating.

I plan to t off the water supply to both 'houses' and meter the usage to estimate the gas bill split (if I eventually rent them out separately).

I will be running an armoured cable from my electricity supply box to the granny flat and metering both the house and flat with inline meters.

What i need to know is if I have two separate systems with two controllers, can I wire up the orange wires from both controllers to the same terminal on the boiler and like wise for the sheathed tank zone, can I wire up the same valve back to both controllers?

Finally, is there a 5 zone controller (up/down main house, up/down in flat & hot water) that could have 2 controllers that could change the settings in all zones, having two way control or distributed control?

Thanks,
James.

Yes you can but what i would do is to install a couple of relays to seperate the out puts so each out put goes to the A1 A2 of the relays then from the boiler use ,depends on the boiler make you may have Ls and Lr terminals on the boiler you can then use these to for the permenant feed and return feed to fire the boiler doing it this way it will stop any back feed ,just do a standard S plan in each unit and send the outputs to the relays then to the boiler

Reply to S Plan, 2 Houses, 2 Pumps, 2 Programmable Controllers, 1 Shared Gas Boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net