Discuss S Plan Help in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

I appreciate your help davesparks but this forum is about helping each other and exchanging ideas. I don't know your electrical background and you don't know mine. Straight away like most people on here you assume I am a DIY'er for asking a question. I used to come on here a lot but it's these remarks what annoy me.
Your right there do seem to be a few annoying remarks made on this site which is why I stopped visiting for a while. Thought I'd come back to see if things are better. Seems not!

the only problem i don't like with danfoss is there time clocks just dont like the look and program of them so i just install drayton lifestyles much better and easy to change times even for the old people around :)

I don't mind them TBH, Honeywell is my 1st choice and Danfoss is my second. Whats put me off with the drayton lifestyle programmers is ive Been out to a few faults where Drayton has been installed and both times it's been the programmer sticking on. Saying that though I know British gas use Drayton lifestyle programmers marked up with their own logo so can't be that much of a common fault other wise they wouldn't use them.

Quick update for this problem that started a few weeks ago. When heating channel off and and hot water selected the radiators get hot. We put this down to a faulty zone valve on the CH. Fitted two brand new zone valves this morning. Tested and CH and HW worked fine when selected seperately. Now he's telling me that same problem is happening again with radiators getting hot when HW only selected. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Quick update for this problem that started a few weeks ago. When heating channel off and and hot water selected the radiators get hot. We put this down to a faulty zone valve on the CH. Fitted two brand new zone valves this morning. Tested and CH and HW worked fine when selected seperately. Now he's telling me that same problem is happening again with radiators getting hot when HW only selected. Any thoughts?

Thanks

everything working as should? eg pump coming on with boiler etc? zone valves working

If your confident the controls side is functioning correct as Corbs said then it could be a plumbing issue, reverse circulation or cylinder isn't the last "T" on the return to the boiler.

Last edited:
I had this the other week, converted y plan to s plan to introduce UFH easier, but upstairs rads came on with hot water, turned out to be a plumbing issue with rads plumbed after hw valve.

Last edited:
Turns out the zone valve base was faulty. It was brand new fitted yesterday. Swapped for another new one and everything is working as should now. [emoji106][/QUOTE

i physically let out a sigh of relief for you. We've all been in that situation when you think you've done everything to finish a job and for some reason it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Reply to S Plan Help in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net