Search the forum,

Discuss Setting up a new business in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

For a start you can remove all content from your website that has been copied and pasted directly from my company's website with immediate effect!

Duplicate material will harm my rankings on Google.

My content is copyright, faliure to remove now will result in court action and I will pursue a claim for damages.
Any material which came from Skeltons website has now been taken down.

I hate to be he barer of bad news but from personal experience the only work I get now is from word of mouth, tried a lot of paid advertising streams but don't find them any good. Go with all the free ones though, IE yellow pages etc

I hate to be he barer of bad news but from personal experience the only work I get now is from word of mouth, tried a lot of paid advertising streams but don't find them any good. Go with all the free ones though, IE yellow pages etc
Hi guys,
Does anyone have any experience with "check a trade" or "rated people" etc as I have done most of my work for one firm in London and I don't know many local builders etc to get work from at the moment, I'm based in the South East by the way
Cheers

Hi guys,
Does anyone have any experience with "check a trade" or "rated people" etc as I have done most of my work for one firm in London and I don't know many local builders etc to get work from at the moment, I'm based in the South East by the way
Cheers

Most people say avoid like the plague - check a trade is over £600 per year and my total marketing budget is £700 so I'm not going to put all my eggs in one basket.

Most people say avoid like the plague - check a trade is over £600 per year and my total marketing budget is £700 so I'm not going to put all my eggs in one basket.
Ditto. Never used them myself, but told you pay them monthly fee, then have to 'buy' the job the customer is advertising.

I wouldn't worry about the website. Word of mouth and recommendations are what matter on domestic jobs. Commercial and industrial are all about who you know and getting on vendors PO List.

You need to build up a client list, there is no quick way to do this, you just have to keep customers happy.

My priority is to keep existing clients happy, and don't promise the earth if you can't deliver.

People might recommend you if you do a good job, they will definitely slag you off to anyone who will listen, if you bugger them around.

I wouldn't worry about the website. Word of mouth and recommendations are what matter on domestic jobs. Commercial and industrial are all about who you know and getting on vendors PO List.

You need to build up a client list, there is no quick way to do this, you just have to keep customers happy.

My priority is to keep existing clients happy, and don't promise the earth if you can't deliver.

People might recommend you if you do a good job, they will definitely slag you off to anyone who will listen, if you bugger them around.

Every one remembers a bad job!

Reply to Setting up a new business in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net