Discuss sizing containment for T&E in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

atm84

-
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience sizing cable tray/ basket and trunking which is used for twin and earth cabling?

The on site guide only provides guidance and factors where single core PVC cables are used.

I am looking for help where twin and earth is used.

Does anyone have experience sizing cable tray/ basket and trunking which is used for twin and earth cabling?

The on site guide only provides guidance and factors where single core PVC cables are used.

What sort of trunking, plastic, metal can't understand why you would want yo run T&E in trunking unless it was for switch drops etc

What sort of trunking, plastic, metal can't understand why you would want yo run T&E in trunking unless it was for switch drops etc

I was mainly thinking of basket but wondered how trunking would be sized with T&E. I have come across it on some supermarket installs.

I can understand the use of basket for t&e but certainly not trunking. No point in it whatsoever.

only cowboys or house bashers put twin in trunking.
I've just finished a 1.5 storey extension on Monday with a cinema room downstair
ran basket on brackets in the coomb with 1x for power t&e and1x for data hdmi ,speakers etc
reason?
i didn't want it all covered in 4ft of insulation and I wanted to keep the power and data stuff as far apart as possible .
looked very neat and tidy and was easy to install
and I didn't have to clip a shed load of cables to every joist.
so am I a cowboy or house basher then?

sizing containment for T&E

I appreciate all the comments but as usual the thread is going off on a tangent. Does anyone know a reasonable method for sizing containment for T & E?

basket or tray, just use trhe rating factors e.g. cables touching/separated, etc. for trunking, use common sense. rate cables according to method B and don't overcrowd the trunking.

basket or tray, just use trhe rating factors e.g. cables touching/separated, etc. for trunking, use common sense. rate cables according to method B and don't overcrowd the trunking.

I'm not looking to size the cable, I'm trying to ascertain how many cables can fit on the basket/ tray or in the trunking.

OP until you provide how many and what size t&e you are referring to you will not get a answer. At the minute your question is equivalent to how long is a piece of string.

OP until you provide how many and what size t&e you are referring to you will not get a answer. At the minute your question is equivalent to how long is a piece of string.

Its a generic question. how dies one calculate how many Twin and Earth cables can fit on x size cable tray. Yes I know you can work out the diameter if the cable and multiple, but in reality cables are not butted right up to each other. Is there a factor that is applied.

Reply to sizing containment for T&E in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net