Discuss smallest electric shower? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ExArmy

-
Reaction score
I've got to price for rewiring a garage thats getting turned into a commercial property (dog grooming parlour) and it currently has a 10mm t+e incomer from the main board in the house, current load is is one ring main and a lighting circuit and they would like a shower.
i've yet to do any calcs but i'm guessing the shower is going to have to be pretty small (without upgrading the cable) and i don't even know if they make them that small. it's only for washing dogs so i don't think it will need to be that powerful.

solar-20shower.jpg

Happy to help... :)

TBH I wouldn't worry. Think about it - what else is going to be in use whilst a shower is working? Some lights. 10mm (63A 'C') is good for a 10.5kW power shower which is about as chunky as you can find, so anything smaller is a bonus.

If it's anything like all the other dog parlours that I've been to with our pooch - dog comes in, dog gets washed, dog gets blow dried, dog gets clipped/trimmed etc, dog gets doggy treat, goes home. None of that involves a simultaneous heavy current drain.

Even if someone sticks a kettle on whilst the shower's going there's still ample capacity.

I've also fitted Redring Powerstream instantaneous water heaters, particularly taking advantage of the the half power setting where economy and reliability is a priority. An optional shower head kit is made specifically for fitting to the Powerstream range.
A cheaper option I have used in the past, the very reliable Triton T50 (5kW) shower unit, this has recently been withdrawn from the Triton range, but is still available from a number of suppliers as it's out of fashion and a slow seller. Triton still fully support this and other superseded models and are able to supply the full range of spare parts for it, so maintenance should not be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy 3kw showers, I'm certain redring make them (they are the same as electric hand washes)
we fit them at gypsy sites.
Believe it or not I took one out of a house and replaced it with an 8.5, and if no-one had told me I would have never known there was a 5kw difference.
the temperature was the same, but the flow less, I am certain it would be more than ample for showering dogs

I would look at a small Megaflo with an immersion in it. Use timer/boost feature If the parlour is going to used for set times,

You'll get plenty of hot water for pooches and mains water pressure too.

TBH I wouldn't worry. Think about it - what else is going to be in use whilst a shower is working? Some lights. 10mm (63A 'C') is good for a 10.5kW power shower which is about as chunky as you can find, so anything smaller is a bonus.

If it's anything like all the other dog parlours that I've been to with our pooch - dog comes in, dog gets washed, dog gets blow dried, dog gets clipped/trimmed etc, dog gets doggy treat, goes home. None of that involves a simultaneous heavy current drain.

Even if someone sticks a kettle on whilst the shower's going there's still ample capacity.
blimey sounds great think i,ll book myself in,could do with being pampered lol

Reply to smallest electric shower? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net