Discuss Submain to flats ryefield board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Been asked to connect submains up
Have a 7 way ryefield board to split with 60 amp fuses in,has red fuses fake ones in each unit and meter will be there too
Do we require a main switch fuse for each sub-main or is the 60 amp fuse okay in each.
Isolater will also be after the meter
Cheers

Really you need to confirm with the person responsible for designing and specifying the installation as there may be other factors which we don't know about.

But generally there would not be a need to install a switchfuse immediately after a fuse in a distribution board.

Don't the DNO do the ryefield bit? its usually tails from the ryefield board to the meter, meter to isolator/sw fuse and isolator to submain to the flat.

Don't the DNO do the ryefield bit? its usually tails from the ryefield board to the meter, meter to isolator/sw fuse and isolator to submain to the flat.

No, the BNO is responsible for that these days.

What you describe is one option, but not the only option.
It is also acceptable to have an SNE service cable from the ryefield to a disconnect link (red cutout) in the flats and the meter after that in the usual fashion.

From my limited expereince old flats tend to have the service cable ( split concentric style ) straight from the head up to the flat where you have a meter and then fuse box.
More modern flats have all the meters and switched fuses ( isolater ) switches all in a service cupboard and just a SWA cable up to the flat and straight into the consumers unit. ?

Reply to Submain to flats ryefield board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am currently in the process of quoting a job to renew the mains for 19 flats. This is the first job of this type that I have quoted so...
Replies
Views
Afternoon All, Just pricing up a job and thought I'd pick your brains. Quick run-down, Block of Flats with an underground car park. In the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, I have been asked to look at a problem with a bolted neutral but no one seems to know what exactly is the problem. SSE...
Replies
Views
Hello All So I'm not long out of my college days and unfortunately I didn't have a lot of exposure to three phase and commercial wiring systems...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, We are undertaking a large development and just want to get some ideas on how others would supply each unit. There will be a rising...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock