Discuss sudden increase in electricity consumption in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

I take it you've switched off ALL the appliances and check that the meter isn't registering consumption?

i sure have did so for 2 hours - no consumption registered as far as i could tell

i notice we are still all going round blaming meters, appliances etc...
things dont just happen for nowt....including peoples living habits...

theres a fault here...you mark my words...

I wonder if she's not confessing to her recently acquired 'Agricultural' hobby?

thanks i'll discuss with my daughter and get back to you any idea of cost?

Hello Mike, hope you and your daughter are well. I can call around on Saturday on the way home after a small job in Ponty.

BTW lads, last year wobblymike posted up on here for help and I did the work for him, extended the upstairs RFC and rewired the upstairs lights (it needed it trust me). The house has very low energy consumption, very standard house with no big appliances. I did'nt take any notice of the outside so it could be a 500w security light on the wrong setting or switched by mistake???? Maybe as already said the neighbors have tapped into their supply but of course I did'nt see anything from the mains.

Mike, PM sent to you. I'll pop around on Saturday and get to the bottom of this for you.

Reply to sudden increase in electricity consumption in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
Hello, We are converting a former office into 10 self-contained flats with kitchens, showers, heaters all electric, no gas. We have been offered a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve got an issue driving me crazy and can’t get anyone to figure it out as it’s not their issue. We had a new extension, single rear...
Replies
Views
Hi we have a split phase supply and had a EDMI ES-30B 3 phase meter fitted. Our readings are extraordinarily high. It is an old farmhouse but...
Replies
Views
Im in a bit of a pickle with this one. Ive mentioned a couple times on the forum about an ongoing debt that should be getting sorted this month...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock