Discuss Suitable replacements for MEM CU in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Adding a radial circuit to this board… either a 16A breaker on left, or ideally an RCBO on right..

Ok, ideally a board change to cover every circuit, but hey-ho

Am I right in saying it will have to be Eaton make, anyone know which numbers?

800EC074-010F-4A28-868B-2AC4570B4644.jpeg

doubt you'll get a RCBO for that CU. MCBs easy to find. I have a few.

I think it is entirely the 2nd hand market for that board. I guess you have checked there is still an immersion heater! Would it be simple to get the fridge on the ring and pinch that one?!

Not had the cover off the board yet…. Spent yesterday afternoon squeezing under a floor, trying to fish a 2.5 t&e between the gaps in the foundation walls…. I’m surprised I could still fit under a floor!
Only needed to lift a 3 boards hatch….

Not this wall… the one 6 ft behind it.

169B9759-8EA9-4CA8-8C73-2C4348ABAD30.jpeg

Other option is a garage board next to this MEM.
Service isolator already there…. Just need a couple of Henley’s.

I still have spare bits for those MEM boards. Imo they were a really good board, I fitted hundreds of them. I probably have some MR30 pods somewhere in my spares boxes, looks like I should dig them out for eBay I definitely didn't pay £70 for them back then!

Reply to Suitable replacements for MEM CU in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So here is the thing Rhere is an old MEMSHIELD TPN+E Board that is pretty mich obsolete. The only place that sells their breakers would be Ebay...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Been looking at a CU change in a small office and would appreciate comments on the following. Office is supplied from the mains intake in the...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock