Discuss Test cert's in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

combilau

On a EIC, if you add another consumer unit to an existing install, is it an addition or a new install? ive always put new install but my mate puts addition. also when you sign the test cert, should you put everyone's name that was involved? e.g builder cutting holes for spots? or if the design of the install was done by someone else? just to cover yourself?

if the new CU is fed from existing CU, then it's an addition. if it's independent, i.e. fed directly from the meter, then it's a new installation. on a 3 sig. cert. you get it signed by the designer, the installer, and the inspec/tester.these can often be the same person. and why trust a builder to cut the holes for spots. they'd probably end up in the walls. last builder i trusted to cut out for a couple of sockets in a dry-wall, cut them 6" too low, then wondered why the worktop was across the socket holes.

Last edited:
Aww cheers you havnt got a downloadable one with the 3 on? the one i use doesnt have it, aww dont ask never again smokes next to lights and all sorts haha, just another quickie md would be for the whole install right?

in would say that if you class your new CU and it's associated circuits as a new install, then you are testing only that new installation, so the demand would be for what is covered on the cert.

Never thought about that question before as I would have said an addition as the existing is untouched.
How did you get that info tel as i have always put additional and never been pulled on it.

just personal choice. if the existing CU and its associated circuits are untouched, then you don't need to test and certify the existing. technically, though you can call it part of the existing, as it's fed from the same meter/service head,

Reply to Test cert's in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net