Discuss Three phase dust extraction auto start in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently working with 2 separate circuits, one for the dust extraction and another for a circular saw.

Both circuits have an isolator with 3 phase and neutral then each goes off to its own dol starter.

I was wondering if there is a way to make them both turn on at the same time using some sort of device that detects either the voltage or current when the circular saw is turned on.

I know there is devices out there that allow you to remotely turn the extraction on if you’re not near the starter but this set up is all next to each other its just when the customer forgets to turn the extraction on manually (which is regularly).

Thanks

Yes there are multiple ways of achieving this.

If this is in a work setting and the extraction is provided for safety then the controls need to be designed properly in compliance with all relevant legislation.

As they both have DOL starters you could potentially interlock the two so that the extraction starts when the saw does and the saw stops if the extraction fails.

Yes there are multiple ways of achieving this.

If this is in a work setting and the extraction is provided for safety then the controls need to be designed properly in compliance with all relevant legislation.

As they both have DOL starters you could potentially interlock the two so that the extraction starts when the saw does and the saw stops if the extraction fails.
Hi Dave I have attached a photograph of how we achieve this when the two units are powered from the same supply but as this one has two supply’s I was wondering how we achieved this. As far as I was aware crossing cables between two circuits of the one is turned off and a live cable from the other circuit comes through to that starter this is not allowed is it?

Attachments

• 2BCF6EAB-7AD7-4860-A9C6-8F39D2722200.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Three phase dust extraction auto start in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net