Discuss tns or tncs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

multimick

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
strange one, supply comes off a pole down wall into house ,cable looks newish and split conn,however on measuring fault current line to neutral was 1.6 ka and line to earth was 1.15 ka ze 0.19 i would have thought from a pole it would be a tncs but maybe not ?

An LV OHL can be TNS or TNC-S. It would be unusual for the DNO to use a split concentric for a TNC-S supply. But the supply could have been recently converted.

strange one, supply comes off a pole down wall into house ,cable looks newish and split conn,however on measuring fault current line to neutral was 1.6 ka and line to earth was 1.15 ka ze 0.19 i would have thought from a pole it would be a tncs but maybe not ?

How have you confirmed that it is split concentric?

Purely from a trainee POV; what's the cable difference? Armour arrangement? Example images?

Concentric cable is 2 core and has a single inner line conductor with an outer PEN conductor.
6AWG-8AWG-10AWG-Copper-Wire-Neutral-Screen.jpg_350x350.jpg

Split concentric cable is 3 core with a single inner conductor, part of the outer conductor is a bare copper CPC and the rest is insulated neutral strands.
4175splitconc.gif

Reply to tns or tncs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi - just after thoughts on this please. I've been doing some testing on a 20 year old MCC. On the original EIC, Ze was reported as 0.04 R, PFC...
Replies
Views
Carrying out a EICR in a commercial setting. In the main intake room the DNO supply comes in and it states clearly this is a PME system. 5 years...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I was recently ask by a customer if/how his house could be supplied by his electric car. He wants to charge the car at night on low rate...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock