Discuss To Spark or not to Spark in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Roggi

Guys,

Is there enough work in London domestic / commercially in london to go it alone or are sparks being under cut by newbies? How are the one man bands doing? An accountant reckons it's not great time but I'm believe it's better out there any ideas guys?

Guys,

Is there enough work in London domestic / commercially in london to go it alone or are sparks being under cut by newbies? How are the one man bands doing? An accountant reckons it's not great time but I'm believe it's better out there any ideas guys?

You're not being under cut by Newbies as such, your being under cut by those that shouldn't even be in the electrical industry, let alone be allowed to work alone to self design/install and finally self certify!!

Surely then your clearing up their mess. Personally I've had enough of sitting behind a desk with no where to go so think I'll take my chances. I use to think work for a big company and climb the greasy pole but I can tell you unless your willing to lick a lot of --- you're going nowhere even if you have enough experience and qualified up to the eyes balls.

Failing that I'll become a Gigolo lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely then your clearing up their mess. Personally I've had enough of sitting behind a desk with no where to go so think I'll take my chances. I use to think work for a big company and climb the greasy pole but I can tell you unless your willing to lick a lot of --- you're going nowhere even if you have enough experience and qualified up to the eyes balls.

Failing that I'll become a Gigolo lol

You would be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire , theres a lot of people like yourself thinking the same thing, getting robbed by these short course schemes and brainwashed into loads of work and money , when in reality its not true , and then find out the hard way that , you need experience so I wouldn't if I were you ..

Everyone has got to start somewhere, so if you really feel that is the right thing for you and you are going to be capable and competent without the help of others, then go for it, but if you shell out a load of money, then after a couple of weeks actually realise that you are totally out your depth then it will have been a big mistake, a BIG mistake!

Well , I don't know about lick --- or whatever , one thing I do know you would be kissing your backside goodbye of some hard cash if you went on some short course scheme..:banghead:

Sorry your missing my point I am a qualified electrician I have been for over 10 years out of my time but I decided to go a management route after being on sites and domestic work. What I was asking is what is it like now can you still earn a bit of dough?

It it takes time to build a business if your gonna give it up after two weeks then you might as well never started. My point is people are still doing it so can you still earn?

Reply to To Spark or not to Spark in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net