Discuss Two houses sharing one PME connection..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigbaddave

Been to a job today to which I have been conducting a EICR on behalf of a agent who have acquired a property, well turn up and start with earthing and bonding. I would say recently converted PME system. ZE fine at 0.21. Then bonding, other than the main earth 3x 10mm earth cables. Gas, Water and another which goes outside in conduit and into next doors garden and into their house right where the main supply comes in from the street… Mmm.

So anyway crack on write the report then as I’m about to leave next door is handing there washing out.. Being a nosey trucker I ask to if I can take a look at their intake..

Well its confirmed they have actually connected their main earth to next doors supply.. The lady living at the property has no idea when this was done and again the owner of the property again can’t recall asking for this to be done but confirms it has been done since living there.

Now I can see what has been done and well sort of get what they have been thinking but what I can’t get is how has it been done. I mean how does both parties not recall asking for the work to be done yet let’s say one day they come home to find conduit smacked over the front of their house…

Is this 10mm earth conductor the only main earthing this next door neigbours supply has?? If so, contact the DNO and get this arrangement sorted out ASAP!!

Disconnected from next doors they are getting a ZE of (23.9 32.4 & 27.6) Three readings taken from all three cables in the MET excluding the one from next doors. The reason for the three results was i was unable to determine which was the main earth or in deed if it had a rod and which was the bonding conductors. She was reluctant to let me determine which was which and certanly was not interested in what i had to say by the end of it..

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Two houses sharing one PME connection..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net