Discuss Unusual DIY 2-way switch wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A PIR is to highlight non-compliances with the Regulations. If something does not fail to comply with the Regulations, then it is wholly incorrect to apply any of the codes to it.

A PIR is a report on the condition of an installation. If switches are wired incorrectly (as in this case), then that should be noted (IMHO).

If I paid a spark to carry out a PIR for me, and they failed to tell me that I couldnt switch my lights on and off properly, then I wouldnt be too happy.

hi there

This circuit method is correct and is safe to use but it is design for a single specfic use in lighting for energy saving time delay switches.

see link below

Search Results - Clipsal.com=

these have one link terminal and a one gang push to make.

so it may suggest your guy has just put plain one gang light switch on

hope this may be of some help

many impoted ready made portacabin buildings have these

awful way of doing thing
lol

cheers

i would not code it either, but would put a comment just for information

Its incorrect if its meant to be a two 2 way switch's. I presume that someone wanted it to be two way, but wired it wrong, and just left it that way.

I'd definatley comment if it was stupid:D

agreed, the owner never wanted it wired this way - he wanted it to work as a two way switch circuit but didn't know what he was doing and now can't be ***** to pay someone who does know what they are doing to sort it.

Last edited by a moderator:
just proves, you get what you pay for. pay peanuts and get a monkey or DIY and electrocute the poor *******

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Unusual DIY 2-way switch wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net