Discuss Updating old red regs book in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

growler

Electrician's Arms
Im currently due to start 2394 in September but only have the red regs book. Do i have to buy the new green book or can i download updates from somewhere ?
thanks..

P

Plonker 3

If they are needed for the course, then you will have to pay for them. No updates printable for the last amendment released I am afraid.

ruston

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Course books are usually supplied , but nice to have your own. No downloads for the 1st amendment , new book required.

P

Plonker 3

what kind of a question is this?.....GO AND BUY ONE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!
Why the aggresive reply?

he simply wanted to know if he could print off something to comply with the latest regs ( as can sometimes happen) or weather he had to buy the full new book.

Taylortwocities

Electrician's Arms
There are many, many chnages and alterations in Amendment no.1
Also, a lot of the sections have been jigged around to align with European documents.

There's a thread with links to an overview doc/video
http://www.electriciansforums.net/electrical-wiring-theories-electrical-regulations/36119-bs7671-amendment-1-summary.html

Its not possible /practical to "amend" a BRB and turn it into a BGB. So, its hand in the pocket time, you'll need a green OSG too.
When you go to the Part P scam provider they'll want to see that you have these, plus some other docs that you'll never look at again....

S

Swicade

Unfortunately as already mentioned you'll need to 'invest' in a new BGB...it's all part of the system intent on bleeding the honest sparks dry.

OP
G

growler

Electrician's Arms
Thanks for the replies. I thought this might be the case ! just wanted to make sure before i fork out for a new one !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk