Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Updating old red regs book in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

growler

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Im currently due to start 2394 in September but only have the red regs book. Do i have to buy the new green book or can i download updates from somewhere ?
thanks..

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
P

Plonker 3

If they are needed for the course, then you will have to pay for them. No updates printable for the last amendment released I am afraid.

ruston

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Course books are usually supplied , but nice to have your own. No downloads for the 1st amendment , new book required.

S

sparks1973

what kind of a question is this?.....GO AND BUY ONE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!

P

Plonker 3

what kind of a question is this?.....GO AND BUY ONE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!
Why the aggresive reply?

he simply wanted to know if he could print off something to comply with the latest regs ( as can sometimes happen) or weather he had to buy the full new book.

Taylortwocities

-
Arms
Esteemed
There are many, many chnages and alterations in Amendment no.1
Also, a lot of the sections have been jigged around to align with European documents.

There's a thread with links to an overview doc/video
http://www.electriciansforums.net/electrical-wiring-theories-electrical-regulations/36119-bs7671-amendment-1-summary.html

Its not possible /practical to "amend" a BRB and turn it into a BGB. So, its hand in the pocket time, you'll need a green OSG too.
When you go to the Part P scam provider they'll want to see that you have these, plus some other docs that you'll never look at again....

S

Swicade

Unfortunately as already mentioned you'll need to 'invest' in a new BGB...it's all part of the system intent on bleeding the honest sparks dry.

growler

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the replies. I thought this might be the case ! just wanted to make sure before i fork out for a new one !

growler

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
can anyone recommend where i might get a good deal on regs and OSG? thanks

Reply to Updating old red regs book in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Select the ways in which you gain online business

• MyBuilder.com

• Federation of Master Builders

• CheckaTrade.com

• RatedPeople.com

• TrustaTrader.com

• Which? (TrustedTraders.Which.co.uk)

• MyJobQuote.co.uk

• Yell.com

• Google Paid Advertising

• Own Website with Natural Ranking (SEO'd website)

• Social Media (Facebook Twitter Instagram etc)

• Word of Mouth Only for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Top Bottom