Discuss Veritas R8 Plus help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

i990342

Does any one knows how can I deactivate the exit tone wen I arm the "full" alarm.
My neighbors are starting to complain that every time I leave the house the exit tone annoy them.
thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
you could shorten the exit time. don't think you can deactivate it

just to be sure. the sound I'm talking about is that 5sec +/- loud sound that triggers when the alarm is armed, not the console "blip...blip" in between.
can I change that? the manual does not talk about this :(

should not sound loud on exit. is it on entry you get the problem?

no, is on exit :( I put the code, press "full" and leave the house while the console is "bliping" then the loud sound triggers for about 3-5 sec to indicate me that "is armed". this annoys everyone at night for example. the technician could not disarm this :( only on Portugal

is it that the loud sound occurs when you open the exit door?

nop this sound is emitted from near the console. the one I'm talking is emitted from the external panel the same that triggers in case of intrusion (but whit an different tone)

that seems aas though the internal sounder is just a speaker, wired as extension speaker. you need this to be replaced with a siren, powered from the bell output instead.

I got lost know. I'm assuming the thing is well assembled down stairs there is a panel whit a keypad, near by a (bell/siren) up stairs another console whit keypad and outside a siren and strobe light.
the outside and inside sirens triggers a sound in case of intrusion right? but when I arm the alarm and after the exit time end the outside siren starts emitting a sound (different from the intrusion sound) that lasts for 3/5 seconds. I assume that this indicates me that the alarm is armed. that's what I what do disable

something wrong there. the outside siren should not make any sound unless the panel goes into alarm. you need engineer back

Got you :). you were saying that the outside siren is assembled and having the "reactions" as the inside one. the guy connected it on the wrong place...
make sense I'll try to call him again. thanks for your attention

tell him the outside siren is sounding on exit.

The 3/5 second sound comes from the alarm panel,or connected speakers and signifys the alarm is set...it comes from the panel not the external sounder..or at least it shouldnt!..your neibours must have bloody good ears ! if the sound is coming from the external sounder as well it has been programmed to do so....didnt think u could do that!!

I have a Veritas 8 I think. the alarm was going off for ages due to a power cut. Now I don't seem have any sound coming from the keypad (it used to beep on key press and entry exit tones but not anymore). Does anyone know how I can rectify this? Thanks.

I got lost know. I'm assuming the thing is well assembled down stairs there is a panel whit a keypad, near by a (bell/siren) up stairs another console whit keypad and outside a siren and strobe light.
the outside and inside sirens triggers a sound in case of intrusion right? but when I arm the alarm and after the exit time end the outside siren starts emitting a sound (different from the intrusion sound) that lasts for 3/5 seconds. I assume that this indicates me that the alarm is armed. that's what I what do disable
Panel is programed to do that !

Last edited:

Reply to Veritas R8 Plus help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net