Discuss Water Damage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MrsS

Just attended a job were the bath overflowed and the water went down in to the kitchen, kitchen had 6 spot lights, sockets and light switches, has anyone got any advise of what I should look out for??

firstly switch remove all the sockets / switches from the wall youd be amazed how water can stand in a socket box , safest way if the sockets have been soaked is to replace them forget trying to dry them out , as your name is on certs if any thing goes wrong , tripping circuits / RCDs with water they can sit quite happily crackling away to its self getting hotter and hotter so be carefull check as much as you can but make sure all is off as you dont want a shock

Many Thanks :) luckily the CU is in the living room not damage, is there anything I should look for at the back of the spot light?

I would have though that the ceiling would be replaced if it had that much water through it?

If thats the case, just remove all the spots and leave a pendant as a temp.

Reply to Water Damage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good Afternoon All, I moved into a flat around 2 months ago. A few times only (maybe four times in the two months) I've turned on the kitchen...
Replies
Views
An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views
Hi all. So I'm designing my new kitchen and trying to plan where things will go. I currently have a 6 switch panel for the appliances (hob...
Replies
Views
Hello wise electricians of the world! I am in the UK. Recently we had a water leak which caused some damage in our home, we are currently trying...
Replies
Views
Hello, I added a 240v insta hot water heater at the kitchen sink. When the water heater is in use the lights in the adjacent dining room flicker...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back