Discuss Wera slim screwdrivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tooltastic

Hi everyone - Has anyone had experience with these - I like the idea, but worry that they are a lot weaker than my ordinary drivers (with insulation stripped back a bit!)
5033.jpg

Yea life time on the tips, but once you buy from the net it's hassle to send 1 screw driver back-maybe its just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always used those Wera drivers - but have been a little disapointed in them for the money to be honest. The insulation comes away very easily and they dont have magnetic heads which i find really useful. The best drivers i have had to date have been the Kew Teknic set, good grips, magnetic heads, and the insulation is thick and doesnt wear down.

I have however just ordered a set of Irazola Technos after being told they were the dogs danglys, but not so happy to hear you have had a lot of tips break? Are they not all they have beeb talked up to be?

Well, to be honest I have got a (now tatty) mixture of CK drivers that have done the job - but the slim access drivers have got a smaller shaft. Just a bit worried they might be weaker.
And as we all know, tools are Man Jewellery

Last edited by a moderator:
Have used that set for 2 years now. The small Phillips head recently exploded trying to unscrew a conservatory light and the smallest flat head has also recently chipped. My boss for some reason peeled some of the insulation back on most of them when he 'borrowed' them, not necessary in my opinion as they're already quite thin. Not being magnetic is the only downside in my opinion

And as always that stupid light up neon screwdriver found itself impaled in a block wall quicker than i could get it out of the box.

Its all down to personal choice. i use this set along with ck and even the fatmax extreme drivers and have not had any issues with any of them; that said however they dont take much in the way of fine adjustment i.e. knocking seven bells out of them with your trusty hammer!

I use the laser tip version of the wera screw drivers. Like them alot. I find they have a much better feel than irozala (bahco)

i have the wera ones, and found that some were ok, the terminal screwdriver slightly snapped at the tip, and on of the smaller ones bent.

a few work collegues have the irozola ones and are highly recommended

We have had issues with the CK range recently

I found the tips on the pozi 2 drivers break - 2 even broke on the first day (one on the first use !)

There was an poor tempering issue (tips over-hard) with CK drivers a few years ago, the odd few still turn up from dealers with slow moving stock and particularly in the CK toolkits. Contact CK and return the drivers as they offered to replace all the poorly manufactured stock free of charge.

C.K TOOLS

Carl Kammerling International Ltd, Glanydon Industrial Estate, Pwllheli, Gwynedd LL53 5LH Tel:01758 701070

Reply to Wera slim screwdrivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net