Discuss What do you need to pat test ? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gazthesparky

-
Arms
Reaction score
I've never done pat testing and always told customers that I don't offer the service. But just reacently I've had a lot of people asking if I offer the service.

This has got me thinking what do you need to carry out testing ?

I know you need a pat tester that's a given but I'm just wondering what else is required.

Do you need the city and guilds pat testing qualification ?

Then is it a case of logging the appliance on a spread sheet

Just got my cogs turning and wondering what's involved ?

You can do it with a MFT if you wish, not hard to make up the plug adapters you need.

I doubt you need the qual, just follow the code of practice.

Obviously you need to be competent. Are you?

It'll take you a couple of hours to pick it up working with someone who knows...its really striaght forward....and bloody boring...

A couple of hours to learn how to stick stickers on!!!! :grin::grin:

Seriously PAT or ISEEI&T as it should be called, should be really easy for a spark to pick up without doing the 2377 most of it (dare I say it) is common sense

We seem to have adopted a cat.
I quite often give it a pat test.
Trouble is it the test doesn't give consistent results.
It sometimes pats me back - with its claws......

£100 for a 2nd hand tester. £20 for a roll of stickers, a card reader to take payment. that's it.

Reply to What do you need to pat test ? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, My colleague and I are currently doing PAT/ISITEE Testing, and we've hit a snag with a bit of equipment - we've got 19" Racks for our...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Not sure if asking about rates is allowed, but I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on chargeable rates for PAT testing. Baring in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am currently learning and have come across PAT testing an old chandelier. On modern lamps I would use the plug and probe on the...
Replies
Views
I've been a member for ages but received an email saying I needed to post on the Forum or my account would be terminated, so here we are. My main...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to get an overview of the UK PAT-testing ( In Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment) market and I'd be very...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock