Discuss What gauge cable from meter to fuse board?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Might have been TT originally so goes to some rod, or maybe it is (was) a water or gas bond?

I guess the bent-double tails bottom right were from a previous CU feed, but I suppose you had to be there to find out!
Yes. It's a shame we can't see the Ze that someone wrote on the board, as that might have confirmed a previous TT.

How big does anyone think the concentric supply cable is? I struggle to imagine more it's more than 10mm.
In fact I've noticed new 100A installs in my area being fed in 16mm concentric, which jump up to 25mm tails our side of the meter!

How big does anyone think the concentric supply cable is? I struggle to imagine more it's more than 10mm.
In fact I've noticed new 100A installs in my area being fed in 16mm concentric, which jump up to 25mm tails our side of the meter!
This old chestnut. Different regs, basically. And the fact that DNO's average out demand/diversity to about 2.5kw for a domestic.

This was the set up before they changed it. The fuse is 60A but I am getting an 80A put in soon.

Attachments

• 20210411_092425.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 32
This was the set up before they changed it. The fuse is 60A but I am getting an 80A put in soon.
Depends on what temperature rating the SWA is. 70c and you're limited. Just beats me why they didn't put a 16/3 in - I would!

Just beats me why they didn't put a 16/3 in - I would!
Cable path and wrangling issues?

I guess if the desire for more than 60A was not clear to the person choosing the cable they would go with 10mm as cheaper and easier to feed through any difficult route, and fine for 60A max.

Reply to What gauge cable from meter to fuse board?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net