Discuss Whats the worst shock ( Electrical ) you have received and how ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Malcolm, you last post reminded me the good intentions behind
H&S before the twerps in Brussels stopped kids playing conkers
etc etc.

Think you'll find the equivalent H&SE bodies in Europe are no-where near as daft as those in the UK!! You will not see or find a single UK H&S officer on any overseas construction projects, ....Mainly because the powers that be, want to be able to finish the project on time and within budget!! lol!!!

I'll have to dig it out Col but a lad over here did do the local version of the H&S handbook, it was great

I remember one that the protective footwear flip-flop that all toes must be inside the sole and not over hanging. That both foot support straps must be attached. That the sole must not be less than 4mm in depth .............

Gold bracelet sneaked out of my sleeve and touched one of 3 phases, that woke me up and taught me to check each phase to earth not just phase to phase (1st year apprentice mistake).

Funny how you change with age,been in the game for 30 years before I retired and had a few good belts over the years,worst one resulted in burns to left hand and arm and severe "sunburn" to my face.But over the years I took a few chances as we all do yet now if i,m helping someone out as I do every now and again its safe isolation full hit with a proving device etc and anywhere near a live and its insulated gear with gloves if needed.Must be getting cautious with age,even went out and got a set of lock out gear.

Id put a fork in a toaster while it was on when I was around 12.

Took out a hot water cylinder a few years ago(unlagged and all exposed copper), took a hold of the pipework coming off the top of it to heave it out as it still had a fair weight to it, and the immersion cable had only been switched off, and as the cylinder pushed past it turned on, the cable ends happened to be touch the cylinder and for a few seconds (which felt like a lot longer) I was been belted. I was fine from it luckily, and lesson defo learnt.

Had a belt off a family members washing machine that i agreed to swap out and got a belt, only to hear from them watching me saying, "oh yeah, by the way theres no earth to that old one" :banghead:

- - - Updated - - -

Id put a fork in a toaster while it was on when I was around 12.

Took out a hot water cylinder a few years ago(unlagged and all exposed copper), took a hold of the pipework coming off the top of it to heave it out as it still had a fair weight to it, and the immersion cable had only been switched off, and as the cylinder pushed past it turned on, the cable ends happened to be touch the cylinder and for a few seconds (which felt like a lot longer) I was been belted. I was fine from it luckily, and lesson defo learnt.

Had a belt off a family members washing machine that i agreed to swap out and got a belt, only to hear from them watching me saying, "oh yeah, by the way theres no earth to that old one" :banghead:

Got a belt off an emergency lighting circuit in a shopping centre! Was screwing the switch plate back and went to push the cable out of the way of the pin ..... Must of been a split in the insulation , am really cautious of this in switches now, after the shock I had to sit down and apparently wen white! Did feel pretty pants too!!

Reply to Whats the worst shock ( Electrical ) you have received and how ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net