Discuss Who can fix electrical equipment at work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kraig1

DIY
Reaction score
I am a cleaner and the neutral pin on my hoover plug got damaged. I don't yet know who fixed it but it looks like they have put a new cord on as it is a sealed plug. They have also took the oat test ticket off the old plug and stuck it on the new one. Would an electrician have to have done the work and are they allowed to swap the oat test ticket from the old plug to the new one.

I would say anyone deemed to be competent could do this type of work. Not necessarily an electrician, but someone who the company accepts has the relevant skills and knowledge.

Thank you, what about swapping the pat test ticket from the old plug to the new one

A new test should have been done and new sticker issued in my opinion. Having said that, as long as it has been done correctly by someone competent then I probably wouldn't worry too much about it.

I am a cleaner and the neutral pin on my hoover plug got damaged. I don't yet know who fixed it but it looks like they have put a new cord on as it is a sealed plug. They have also took the oat test ticket off the old plug and stuck it on the new one. Would an electrician have to have done the work and are they allowed to swap the oat test ticket from the old plug to the new one.
In my opinion, No the item needs retesting, refer to the CoP for ISITEE (PAT testing) for more details

that is one thing that freaks me out. need 5 pints of ale and 1/2 bottle JD before I'm dumb enough to allow them to use me as a dartboard.

that is one thing that freaks me out. need 5 pints of ale and 1/2 bottle JD before I'm dumb enough to allow them to use me as a dartboard.
Wouldn't be much use giving blood after that lot Tel, Just P in a bottle that'll do the trick.

Some commercial cleaners have a replaceable cordset that does not require full electrical skills to change. If the cleaner is all-insulated to class II, there may not be anything for a PAT tester to test, it would be a visual inspection only. It's still cheeky to transfer the sticker!

Reply to Who can fix electrical equipment at work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net