Discuss Who's your worst enemy? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pjcomp

The people against whom I mutter death threats varies with the jobs in hand, but just lately I've really got it in for plasterers! On a refurb the plasterer managed to half-fill all the knockout boxes with his pink gunk, so when I came to second fix it took twice as long, what with chipping it all out. And on a lighting job he pushed all my cables above the plasterboard to give himself a clean sweep (fair enough) and pushed them all out of the way so I spent hours fishing for them through a succession of 3-inch holes. Aaarrgh! Worst plasterer I ever came across actually filled in a couple of knockout boxes and skimmed them over so it was case or pray and chisel to find the right spot.

pj

Seriously though, the thing to do with this clown is to scrape your fingers all over his freshly mucked walls. When he asks you why it happened tell him you were looking for your boxes.
I had a plasterer once who loved filling my boxes with his crap, I did this once and he always scraped them out after that. I'd asked him many times to stop but it was having to do his work again that finally got the message through his thick head.
It did almost come to blows though so if you can't handle a bit of pagga this might not be the approach for you.

Usually I can live with, but getting two of them on the trot made it too noticeable. And it's a bit difficult to scrape his pug out when you don't get called back to site till it's gone hard and the plasterer's cleared off to Benidorm for his annuals.

I've just remembered it's Sunday and you're probably getting well oiled Trev, I'm guessing I'm gonna pay for that remark the longer the day goes on!

Yeah, yeah. You're laughing now but later there'll be running and screaming.

Well you did leave yourself wide open, no pun intended hahahahaha

Careful now mate, you really want to get into the whole changing "boxes" to "box" and all the fruedian implications?

No I don't Sir I agree removing words is one thing but altering words to suit the joke is just plain wrong.
My apologies.

Ding stop reminding Trev please, otherwise it is just going to fuel his quest for revenge.
I am now going to have to watch everything I type, in fear of repercussions.

Anyone who is to idle to move your tool box/bag/ tray whatever you keep your tools in and fill it with tile dust, plaster wet and dry, wood chippings, smoke ends or whatever else they don't want. I was helping camerabloke out on a job once and some dipstick tiler decided to set his cutter up next to camera's tool bag, a nice new Fatmax one ended up full of tlle dust, I didn't say much because it wasn't my job, if it was he would have had to look far and wide for his tiles, like the skip, next door's bin. ignorant arrogant twerp, blokes putting coving up is another gripe, think the world owes them a living, they are another bunch of dilberts who think they are God's gift to the building trade, I could go on but I may get banned again.:furious3: Sorry but some trades really tick me off, "how long are you going to br be sparks" you have all seen and heard it.

I suppose we can't forget Plumbers with the old classic " you've put your cables where my pipes need to go, so can you just move them"
How does Foook off sound

Reply to Who's your worst enemy? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net