Discuss WT Henley Series 8 house service cutout in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the WT Henley Series 8 house service cutout. I have one of these installed at my house and it has 3 live fuses. I am looking to turn my house into 3 separate flats all with their own electric meter. My current WT Henley Series 8 house service cutout seems perfect because it already had 3 live fuses - however - It seems that it only has 2x neutral inputs, which is strange because surely it should have 3 neutral inputs? I know it is CNE, combined neutral and earth. It seems like it only has 2 earth inputs also.

Is there anything I can purchase so my future electrician is able to wire 3 neutral cables into the cutout? And, from what I can see on the datasheet it seems the connector block inside the neutral terminal is only rated for 100 amps? Is this correct? Because I guess it should be rated for 300 amps once all 3 live feeds are in use throughout the flats?

Thank you so much for any help,
Thomas

Just get a Henley block the neutral current will always be less than 100 amps, most 3 phase supplies only have 1 neutral.
Think of a 3 phase motor which may need no neutral as all 3 phases are balanced

Firstly you need to contact your energy supplier and apply for a 3 phase supply, they will check with the local network operator to see if it is available.
Just because you have a 3 phase cutout with live fuses it doesn't mean that there is available spare capacity in the network.
The Network operator may have to do upgrades to the network.

Don't worry about the Neutral and Earths, they will be adequate assuming the supply can be used.

Your electrician shouldn't be doing anything to the cutout, that is the property of the electricity supplier and they make the connections to it.

You need to speak to your local DNO to arrange having the existing supply changed in to 3 supplies. If it is exactly as you have described it is likely to be a simple process of connecting one to each fuse and registering 2 new MPAN numbers

Reply to WT Henley Series 8 house service cutout in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net