Discuss Ze, pefc and PSCC on am2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Could someone who has completed their AM2 please give some advice?
When commencing your ze, pefc, PSCC.
Do you set your megger tester to high or low.
I would normally set it to high for the ze, pefc and PSCC tests?
Although, I have been it should be set in low because of the RCBO on the installation. Is this true?

Hi,

Could someone who has completed their AM2 please give some advice?
When commencing your ze, pefc, PSCC.
Do you set your megger tester to high or low.
I would normally set it to high for the ze, pefc and PSCC tests?
Although, I have been it should be set in low because of the RCBO on the installation. Is this true?
you isolate the installation from the incoming supply, it would have no effect on the rcbo

this test should be done 1st to ascertain if there is a main earthing arrangement before doing any other inspection or testing

im still not time served though so this is just what procedure i do from what i learned at college

low would be for no trip- 3 lead tests, at least thats what ive been told but would like to hear from some of the more experienced chaps?

The supply to AM2 boards may be via an rcd. Just ask the assessor on the day and use the 3lead low test if it is; if not, just two lead high.

The supply to AM2 boards may be via an rcd. Just ask the assessor on the day and use the 3lead low test if it is; if not, just two lead high.
another example of me misreading the question lol, ignore my first post OP, thought you were asking how to take the ze/pfc

The assessor will be sympathetic towards you.

Once you complete the dead tests satisfactorily, he will energise the board. He will then ask you to explain what test you are carrying out what is its relevance and how do you do it. All meters are different so if you are unsure of their settings they will assist you.

That’s good to know. Another thing I was wondering was when doing the single isolation on lighting circuit. Do you switch the light switches in all positions to demonstrate that light does not come on then test at the fitting.
Or, test at the fitting With the switches in every position. If that makes sense?
Thanks for the advice

My two pence worth....

If not told before commencing the AM2, I would ask the assessor if the board under test is classed as being at the origin or a sub board. Then I would say that the supply is liable to trip if protected by an RCD.

Also I was told about a video on youtube -

Even though it is labelled 2391 it shows the testing procedure of Ze, PEFC & PSCC. Hope this helps.

Reply to Ze, pefc and PSCC on am2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net