Discuss Ze & Pfc (Pefc & Pscc) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Doesn’t sound to bad! Did you find yourself running out of time or did you have plenty remaining to go over and double check things?

I had about 30 minutes left at the end of the install. I think as long as it’s wired to spec and it works they are quite lenient because some of the terminations and covers are horrendously chewed up. Id have liked more time on the testing just so I could have gone at my own slower pace and been able to check stuff. You have to know your max zs for your circuits or where to find it in the on site guide. They have 4 or so little boxes on the back of the test sheet for you to record your r1+rn / 4 values and the rcd max disconnection time for x1 and x5 I was really worried about the live testing like you but it was okay. He’ll tell you exactly what test he wants you to do and in the order he wants to see it.Ze is first so you’ll disconnect the main earth and he’ll say pefc next so prepare the board (which is a subtle hint to reconnect the main earth) then it’ll be pssc. Then zs which is of the ring final circuit all the others are calculated from measuring ze earlier I measured it at the furthest point which was the outside socket. Then it’s basically just an rcd test and remember to press the test button on the rcd at the end to complete the live testing. ?

I had about 30 minutes left at the end of the install. I think as long as it’s wired to spec and it works they are quite lenient because some of the terminations and covers are horrendously chewed up. Id have liked more time on the testing just so I could have gone at my own slower pace and been able to check stuff. You have to know your max zs for your circuits or where to find it in the on site guide. They have 4 or so little boxes on the back of the test sheet for you to record your r1+rn / 4 values and the rcd max disconnection time for x1 and x5 I was really worried about the live testing like you but it was okay. He’ll tell you exactly what test he wants you to do and in the order he wants to see it.Ze is first so you’ll disconnect the main earth and he’ll say pefc next so prepare the board (which is a subtle hint to reconnect the main earth) then it’ll be pssc. Then zs which is of the ring final circuit all the others are calculated from measuring ze earlier I measured it at the furthest point which was the outside socket. Then it’s basically just an rcd test and remember to press the test button on the rcd at the end to complete the live testing. ?
Awesome advice cheers and max zs values of each circuits are determined by Ze + (R1+R2) though? I’m pretty sure the value in the regs is 100% and the onsite guide is 80%

Awesome advice cheers and max zs values of each circuits are determined by Ze + (R1+R2) though? I’m pretty sure the value in the regs is 100% and the onsite guide is 80%

your welcome. Your zs values will be calculated like that but you need to get the max values like you say either from regs or OSG for the maximum column. They don’t mind which set of values you use. I chose the on-site guide as I find it easier to navigate.

your welcome. Your zs values will be calculated like that but you need to get the max values like you say either from regs or OSG for the maximum column. They don’t mind which set of values you use. I chose the on-site guide as I find it easier to navigate.
Will let you know how I get on mate thanks for all your input, if I pass I’ll get you a beer ??

Did most of my install today just have to connect everything up I’ve already done sockets etc man i was such a nervous wreck all day?the diagram is the same in this center too, did you use the orange wagos for your neutral and earth in the switches

Did most of my install today just have to connect everything up I’ve already done sockets etc man i was such a nervous wreck all day?the diagram is the same in this center too, did you use the orange wagos for your neutral and earth in the switches

I think I was shaking a bit when I started mine! I Definitely was when doing the safe isolation. I hate being watched.

Yes I did mate, both earths and neutrals together in wagos. You could you use the loop terminal on the switch for the neutrals if you wanted to but I always wago or connector block the neutrals as I don’t trust the loop terminal with more than 2 or three cores in it.

have you got 2 days left? Give or take?

I think I was shaking a bit when I started mine! I Definitely was when doing the safe isolation. I hate being watched.

Yes I did mate, both earths and neutrals together in wagos. You could you use the loop terminal on the switch for the neutrals if you wanted to but I always wago or connector block the neutrals as I don’t trust the loop terminal with more than 2 or three cores in it.

have you got 2 days left? Give or take?
Yeah I finish Friday mate yeah I’ve had a pretty rough day I haven’t gone as quickly as i hoped . Which circuits did you have to do safe isolation on probably got 2 hours left on the install to be honest

Before the fault finding I did a safe isolation of the lighting circuit l, the motor circuit and then the full board. Keep your chin up Josh you’re doing what I done and questioning everything and over thinking. Just keep going I’m sure your doing fine pal.

Hi mate, i went into it at a decent speed and kept on watching the clock after 3 hours. I should of gone alot faster i was too busy making sure all cables have no exposed copper and looking good easy to test and i ran out of time on my build. proper gutted they let me sacrifice my dead testing and live testing in order to hopefully pass my build. Proper kick in the teeth but i know next time just to rag it all in. ive got fault finding and safe isolation and online exam tomorrow. cheers for all your help mate :)

Ah never mind mate. I’d have been more inclined to sacrifice the fault finding if they’d let you, as that’s probably the least stressful section to resit if you needed to do resit anything, but the build is probably the biggest time consumer you’d want out the way. Good luck for the final day.

Reply to Ze & Pfc (Pefc & Pscc) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net