Discuss 2392 testing and inspection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

do you mean 2391? that is being replaced. 2 separate ones now. can't recall the numbers, might be 2395/4. 1 is initial verification and the other test/inspection. could be wrong though. altzeimers is reacting with beer.

Last edited:
2391 has been replaced by 2394 and 2395, I was looking at doing the 2392 as to gain more experience before doing 2394 and 2395. I have attempted 2391 multiple times before it got replaced but could not pass the written exam

The 2392 is still around, but give it a miss and do the 2394 and 2395. The only difference is a bit of three phase which is not difficult, and the exams that are closed book, but with a good bit of swotting, you will be OK. If you take the 2392 option, you will live to regret it.

Cheers...........Howard

The 2392 is the old level 2 Initial Verification course, taken before the level 3 2391 which was the the periodic inspection course including 3 phase.

The 2392 has been swallowed up by the new 2394 which I believe is now level 3 too.

So the answer is start with the new 2394 course before doing the 2395.

EDIT: As Howard says above :vanish:

just do 2394 and 2395. they're the most up to date qual's for testing. these were brought in because 2391 was too hard - you'll probably find them a lot easier.

Dose anyone no is the 2392 testing and inspection course is still going or as it been scraped ?
if your going to do a course on inspection and testing...then go for the 2391...or whatever it is now....their both based on guidance note three.....so if you can get you head around it enough to take the C&G 2392.....then you`d be better off doing the 2391....its better respected and covers more...

just do 2394 and 2395. they're the most up to date qual's for testing. these were brought in because 2391 was too hard - you'll probably find them a lot easier.

If that is true any wonder this industry is turning into a joke.

Yet more dumming down of the trade, only 30% can pass the course, I know lets just make it easier, sod making an elite group....ridiculous decision, it was fine as it was, 2391 was and still is the most sought after qual in the industry

Reply to 2392 testing and inspection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net