Discuss 3phase DB as single phase in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

newfutile

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's coming out anyway so it's a rhetorical question.
What do you you all think of this?
Bits of wire used to bridge the bus bars and don't single phase consumer units need a linked switched line and neutral?
Screenshot_20230510_102812_Gallery.jpg

Poor practice to have used cable and not bus bar due to the risk of overload, no requirement for interlinked switch to disconnect the neutral unless it's in a domestic-ish setting (462.1.201 & 463.1.2)

Last edited:
Have seen this done quite a few times where some off cuts of cable have been used to link across the main switch.
Like wise have come across a fair few domestic boards where the busbar has been lost and they have linked out the bottom of the MCBs in 2.5 cable

Hager also do a 4P incomer switch kit so you can have both the single-phasing kit and DP isolation if you do it right. Not like here!

But I do wonder WTF was anyone fitting such a small 3P board for SP use?
Ordered a 4 way board, without paying any attention to detail, and made the most of what turned up?

Edit: I can see 6 breakers, but liked the idea.

Ordered a 4 way board, without paying any attention to detail, and made the most of what turned up?
Could be. I did wonder after posting if it was anything to do with needing industrial levels of dust, etc, tolerance or even 10kA break capability.

Then I remembered the wires and clearly they were not design considerations...

Reply to 3phase DB as single phase in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I signed up here for a little help. I bought a 3 phase bandsaw and went down the rabbit hole of VFD’s etc. ‘The motor is 3 phase 400v...
Replies
Views
Anyone come across this before? I was asked to do a Zs on a 3ph surge device; L1 was around 6 ohm, L2 & L3 around 0.11. Wired in singles from a...
Replies
Views
hi guys / girls , any advice would be appreciated, So the situation is a domestic property has a 3 phase supply , from the service head we have 3...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock