Discuss A light switch with a mind of its own in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Half

Im currently in a vacation rental and have been staying here for just over a week out of two. Last night, I know i turned every light off however when I woke up this morning both the light switch next to my bed had been flicked on, and the shower light was on - the switch to which was on the other side of the room. Both light switches had been physically turned from off to on, and were in the full Off position.

The room im sleeping in was built in the 1200s and was renovated meaning there could be faulty wiring.

Is there an explanation for this?

Sleep walking or ghosts is all I can think off. :)

No wiring fault could cause this. What sort of light switches are they? I suspect practical jokers personally, or Sintra's suggestion above. Daz

going by the title, obviously not a female essex light switch.

the answer is gravity. during the night, when virtually no electricity is being used, gravity takes over and all those electrons slowly fall under the force of 32ft/sec squared, thus putting pressure in the bottom of the toggle, causing it to switch over. the answer/solution is to turn the switch upside down, so that the pressure of the electrons weights the switch in the off position.

the answer is gravity. during the night, when virtually no electricity is being used, gravity takes over and all those electrons slowly fall under the force of 32ft/sec squared, thus putting pressure in the bottom of the toggle, causing it to switch over. the answer/solution is to turn the switch upside down, so that the pressure of the electrons weights the switch in the off position.

I think you have too much spare time. :tongue:

Volt drop.

Reply to A light switch with a mind of its own in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net