Discuss Any Poor sods working in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you call doing a couple of hours at home catching up on the weeks paperwork as working, that would be pretty normal for me. The weather here at the moment is hot (33C), wet and humid due to constant thunderstorms over the last week and don't appear to be ending anytime soon... Parts of the site are like a bloody quagmire at the moment. lol!!

nothing on today. local farmer called round with a welder. he'd fitted a longer lead but had forgotten which way round L and N were. 15 mins to cut out overheated choc block, replaced with 3 crimp connectors. £10 and a dozen eggs. that'll do me. lol.

34 here at the moment with a feel like reported of 43 its stcky, horrible and cant wait for it to cool down. The lowest it fell to thro the night was 26 ....not nice

Last edited by a moderator:
No toil this weekend. Just got back from a reconnaissance mission in Chester. Every drinking establishment was full of hen parties. It was horrible! :biggrinjester: But what is the crack with all these cocktail bars? By the time they finish poncing about behind the bar, the punter will have perished from old age. Don’t they realise I suffer from Cenosillicaphobia.:D The weather was fine yesterday but it’s been nothing but rain today between Chester and Shrewsbury. Some poor sods are taking part in a triathlon near Whitchurch. They are so going to regret that….lol

On call till next Friday and already dying of thirst (only one call so far, some one left a freezer door ajar in a lab and it alarmed ,very hard to diagnose :grin: )

well. at least you've not been left out in the cold.

Just got back from fitting a switch fuse disconnector to a set of busbars in a small sub. Well to say I was like a drowned rat, even the rat would have had sympathy. Friggin heavy switch, stood in an inch of water, had to remove an old switch that must have been there 50 years, rusty bolts, batteries packing up, had to keep energising the busbars to power up my chargers, kept having to remind myself whether I was working dead or live. Knackered and just when I finished, the rain stopped. A case of bad timing. Anyway did the job 3 hours quicker than planned and included a pastie, sausage roll and cake from Greggs who by the way gave me a hot chocolate instead of Americano, WTF, did not notice until I got back to sub and could not be bothered to go back. Still, light duties for a couple of days now.

Just got back from fitting a switch fuse disconnector to a set of busbars in a small sub. Well to say I was like a drowned rat, even the rat would have had sympathy. Friggin heavy switch, stood in an inch of water, had to remove an old switch that must have been there 50 years, rusty bolts, batteries packing up, had to keep energising the busbars to power up my chargers, kept having to remind myself whether I was working dead or live. Knackered and just when I finished, the rain stopped. A case of bad timing. Anyway did the job 3 hours quicker than planned and included a pastie, sausage roll and cake from Greggs who by the way gave me a hot chocolate instead of Americano, WTF, did not notice until I got back to sub and could not be bothered to go back. Still, light duties for a couple of days now.
Well done you , you are in 1st place in my poor sod competition today so far, lets see if anyone can beat that day.

No work for me Glen(n)! Just finished a walk up and down roughtor on Bodmin Moor with my boy. We're both knackered!
Even on holiday I cant stay away from the damn electrics though.. went through every reg mentioned on form 6 or 7 (EICR)... and enjoyed it!!

Working on school's at the moment not a day off as yet In three weeks . Feeling like a zombie

I know the feeling, this is the 1st day I've had in about 3 weeks, but you have to find time to wind down!!

dont get me started on schools

Shanky I've told you before you will get in trouble with the police if you keep hanging around the front gates!!

In this weather today outside.
I know Paul M is but he is indoors so not to bad

Yep, 45 mins later the bloody chippy turned up needing power for his chop saw. No chance for a shut down, starting at 6am monday morning so I can do what is needed. Outside work starts when it is not raining, car park flood lights. Should be fitted tomorrow but that is never going to happen with this weather.

PS Plugsandsparks gets my vote :wink:

Last edited:

Reply to Any Poor sods working in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net