Discuss attaching pdf files? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

hopefully it worked,it' for a installation i am using to join elecsa tommorow.thought i would put it on here so you guys could point out any obvious mistakes.
i hope i don't get a bad reputation for you thinking i want you to do all my work,i have removed customer information.

Just had a quick look through.

Looks ok to me but some of your IR readings are quite low, all be it well above the requirement but I still would decrease the next test interval to less than 10 years to keep an eye on the low reading circuit.

i think page 4 was info to customer to keep records part, they are low readings and not what i was expecting.especialy a low reading for kitchen which hasn't got much of a run.

Bit of a report on the things that stand out for me, this is just feedback and does not cover anything that looks right so does seem a bit negative overall, sorry.

Overall Try not to leave blank spaces, put N/A or some such where there is no value or it is inapplicable.

First page
You state you are inspecting and testing to the 2008 regulations but at this date you should be testing to the 2011 amendment.
You have left blank the BSEN number and rated current for the supply protective device, if it is not know then put “not verifiable” or “not known“ or “UTV”.
For the alternative source of supply this should be N/A.

BS number and type of the main switch is missing
Main switch RCD details should all be N/A

Inspections:

From the N/A items
There is no equipment present that may be affected by heat: fires, heaters, cooker switches?
There is no bathroom or other special installation in the house that needs compliance?
There is no shaver socket.

Test results
There are no electronics connected that may be damaged by IR testing, no RCDs, digital displays, transformers, fluorescent lights.

Your r2 results do not seem to match up for a 2.5 / 1.5 T+E and nor do your R1+R2 match with the calculated values.

From the point of view of space on the form you may find it easier to have >999 rather than >1000 for the IR results

G4 and G6 are very low resistances for a 1.5 lighting circuit but they could be short runs.

I put compliant in the remarks if I have nothing else to say but none would also be valid.

Rest of the form looks OK and within the readings I may expect (except the IR but not worrying levels).

the lighting are short runs,kitchen next door to cu and a light fitting in pantry cu is,that i forgot to attach to one of the other circuits.

the R1 + R2 where measurements at each socket and highest reading put down,i know they don't match but thats the figures my meter gave me.
are you saying i should put the calculated values instead?

the R1 + R2 where measurements at each socket and highest reading put down,i know they don't match but thats the figures my meter gave me. are you saying i should put the calculated values instead?

what ithought, other wise you wouldn't need to take any measurements just put in what it should be.
sorry for asking question again, was getting a bit impatiant that no response then found your response.

Sorry just had to get things done.
Biff is right you do record the measurements you get, because that is what is there.
However in doing the three step test you should get results similar to those expected by the calculations. (According to GN3 the values should be within 0.05 ohms of the calculated result)
If I get widely varying results on the figure 8 then there is often a problem (when testing with a socket tester) with a sticky switch or dirty contacts, try switching the socket off and on a few times and inserting and removing the tester a few times and you may find your results clear up.
Based on the end to ends (which are often odd) I normally find the R1+R2 do come out about right, except for spurs.
Your results are not too far out so I do not think there is a problem, but worth checking again if you find they are very different.

Reply to attaching pdf files? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net