Discuss bad press for sparks in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

spenny

as sad as it is i watched eastenders the other night , r&r's club had a spark in who reported that there was lots of faults in the property and that he needed to turn the power off as he was a registered spark , as u all would have seen , some plum walked in and turned the power back on resulting in a fire !! Well here's the point , with all the banging on about safe isolation , would the spark not have used a lock off kit to isolate the power , as he could now be liable for the damge , who's to say he didnt leave the power on , its a he said she said scenario . all make believe but there's a point in there somewhere !!!

Not even the so called experts know what they are doing so what chance does an actor or member of the public stand with so much confusion and stupidity:mad:

Chris

i dont know whats worse , watching eastenders or sitting ranting at the tv for the guy to lock the thing off, i need 2 let go of work after hours .. :)

as sad as it is i watched eastenders the other night , r&r's club had a spark in who reported that there was lots of faults in the property and that he needed to turn the power off as he was a registered spark , as u all would have seen , some plum walked in and turned the power back on resulting in a fire !! Well here's the point , with all the banging on about safe isolation , would the spark not have used a lock off kit to isolate the power , as he could now be liable for the damge , who's to say he didnt leave the power on , its a he said she said scenario . all make believe but there's a point in there somewhere !!!

I would love to know what " lots of faults" where?
I dont watch the programme myself but her indoors had recorded it so I had a watch.
All seemed well untill the power tripped !! And then there where " lots of faults " Spark actor guy looked like a right Spiv and sounded like one as well. What a load of old Carp.

Legally I don't believe we can lock off an installation, we can only attempt to repair it if the customer wishes. If they do not agree then we try and use barriers and obstacles to remove potential danger and issue a danger notification.

Problem is a lot of people think it is real.

Spenny if you cant break the eastenders habit I know of a good help group :D;)

Chris

ive just spent the day with SP engineers sorting out 3 properties with no earth , turns out several years ago a temp repair at the cable head when the nuetral was down and the earth had been doubled up had never been put right , and i thought the punter was having me on with his tales of glowing plugtops and multipul fuse holders that burnt themselves out ha

Reply to bad press for sparks in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net