Discuss Baumatic BT2710SS oven issue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mickyboro

Hi all,

This is my first post and was after some advice. I have a baumatic bt2710ss range cooker and for some time now only the top element is working when you switch it to fan oven with both top and bottom elements. So basically the fan still kicks in and the top element works. It takes ages to get upto temperature. With the oven you can switch it to bottom oven only (without fan). This I have also tried and it did not heat up at all. I have replaced the element and still no joy.

Is there anyway of checking the element to make sure it works? I have checked the wiring at the back of the element and all connections seem ok. The spade connectors are a little greasy and oily but there is still continuity from the cabling going to the oven control switch.

Any help would be appreciated as its doing my head in now and I can't get anyone to come and look, more to the point I'd rather sort it myself.

Cheers

Mick.

Seeing as nobody else helping here goes. I believe you should get continuity through the element ie the two parts that clamp down and no circuit between sheath and element. Also you may be able to check for a voltage between element clamps and earth. This is what I would try if it were my appliance but I (am going to cover my arse) and say you shouldn't unless you are 'competent. Keep safe.

you need to know if there is a voltage at the element. assuming new element, that's eliminated as a cause. then trace back to the control switch/ stat etc. these tests are live, so you need the correct test gear and you really need to be competent and understand the dangers of live testing. basic checking can be done with a non'contact voltage detector, but that will on ly get you so far.

If you've visually checked for obvious things like burned wiring and connections and the element tube has been replaced then you need test equipment and good electrical knowledge so I would contact someone qualified. It will probably work out cheaper and certainly safer in the long run.

Espares.co.uk
Buyspares.co.uk
yourspares.co.uk
partmaster.co.uk

Plenty of other spare parts online places too...

Espares.co.uk
Buyspares.co.uk
yourspares.co.uk
partmaster.co.uk

Plenty of other spare parts online places too...

Sorry,

what I meant was I know where to get them from but can't see the old one within the oven so that I can replace it

Reply to Baumatic BT2710SS oven issue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net