Discuss Beware of ebay in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Why do you assume it's the cardboard box? I read it as it could be the CASE for the inverter, quote:"All the info is in the photo". Bid your 99p and insist on the empty case when you go to pick up - it's in the photo!!

thought id try my look lol

Bid confirmation

You're the first bidder. Hope you win.

Time left:5d 03h
Current bid:
£0.99
Postage:Free P&P
Your maximum bid:
£100,000.00
Increase maximum bid:£
(Enter more than £100,000.00)

thought id try my look lol

Bid confirmation

You're the first bidder. Hope you win.

Time left:
5d 03h
Current bid:

£0.99
Postage:
Free P&P

Your maximum bid:

£100,000.00
Increase maximum bid:
£
(Enter more than £100,000.00)

you do know a winning ebay bid is enforcable in law? ie its legally binding...

We have been selling on eBay for 11 years. Loads of non-payers. eBay's worst snaction is to threaten non-payers with beating with a damp stick of liquorice (but only on rare occasions). I wouldn't worry. PS you can also retract your bid for no reason. We get it often. Same penalty. Joke.

Why do you assume it's the cardboard box? I read it as it could be the CASE for the inverter, quote:"All the info is in the photo". Bid your 99p and insist on the empty case when you go to pick up - it's in the photo!!

The auction description states:

STARTING BID OF 99p IS FOR THE EMPTY BOX AND NOT THE INVERTER

I REPEAT IT IS FOR THE EMPTY BOX (ONLY REPEATING IT AS SOME EBAYERS CARN'T READ)
SORRY NO PHOTO OF THE BOX BUT IT'S SQUARE

Good luck on winning an empty box which will no doubt be very useful for the Xmas presents at least :)

Sorry no photo of the box but it's square (not rectangular)? So there are photos of what you don't get but no photo of what you do get.....
Is it something in the drinking water perhaps? PS anyone wants a Fronius IG-TL 3.6 box (I can send photos) it's yours for just £1,000.......

They only remove a listing if it is reported to them and the reported reason is legit.
I run an ebay shop and it's mind boggling irritating because some of the reasons are really obscure.
I was had a range of hats listed, modelled by my mate Des. In the ad I said, the Des is not for sale, but I'm open to offers. They removed the ad because they said I was offering to sell Des off site!!
It's a problem if someone (a competitor for example) targets your shop, so if I have to follow the rules I tend to feel others should as well, otherwise it's not a level playing field.

did you ever sell Des? :)

empty box at £620 at the moment :) Im off to costco for some empty boxes

I love this, Im even watching the Box as a result. Cant wait for the winning bidder to turn up at his door, take one look at the box and kick him in the nuts!

If he really expects anyone to pay he really is dumb. I imagine the conversation will go:
"this box is empty bud"
"yeah I know, you only bought an empty box"
"well in that case I wont be paying you the £1000.00 I bid"
"well ill report you to e-bay and give you bad feedback"
"fill your boots sunshine, im gonna smash your face in"

Conversation will end, fight will begin. I hope the winning bidder is Mr Haystacks!

we should all set our mobiles to 'hide caller number' and send the **** a text explaining how much of a **** he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a look at the ad. Jeepers.

How can he expect this to work? If it's the actual inverter he's trying to sell - either on or off eBay - then he'll almost certainly get less for it than it's worth. Why? Because the guy is clearly an a***ole and who on earth would want to deal with him? I wouldn't. And if he even tried to scam someone for £600+ for a cardboard box, he wouldn't get away with it - 'item not as described' (ie: I bet the box isn't perfectly square...)

there is an easy solution to this, but risky

bid say £300 for it, he e-mails you saying are you sure, yep im sure

you win the bid.

ask him to take a photo for you if possible of the box.

when you recieve the box photo or look at the photo on the doorstep, hes bound to put the foam back in, just say no deal m8, wtf is that, i was bidding on a EMPTY box.

misselling m8, bye

I've got some empty shoe boxes, some empty MK socket boxes (cardboard), some empty egg boxes and a variety of empty unidentified empty boxes and paper bags. Anyone who wants them can purchase them on a' buyer collects' basis for £ 7.84 million pounds which must be paid in cash, new notes, preferably a mixture of 20s, 50s and 100s C.O.D. For the address of the asylum I live in P.M. me.

I've got some empty shoe boxes, some empty MK socket boxes (cardboard), some empty egg boxes and a variety of empty unidentified empty boxes and paper bags. Anyone who wants them can purchase them on a' buyer collects' basis for £ 7.84 million pounds which must be paid in cash, new notes, preferably a mixture of 20s, 50s and 100s C.O.D. For the address of the asylum I live in P.M. me.

whilst your in the asylum could you have a chat with that baker bloke about what he's done to my business, oh and have a word with the nurses about letting him out without his medication!

Reply to Beware of ebay in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net