Discuss Brand New EV Charger - We need you for testing and more! in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

After a long time of research and development, we are finally proud to launch our new smart EV Charger: The NexBlue Edge.

Before we launch our new product officially, we would like to get professional electrician’s feedback on the installation and the usage, in order to be sure that it fits with installers and customers needs.

The product has a modular structure, for an easy installation and is scalable for bigger infrastructures. The product is a wall-box that can be fixed everywhere (Wall, pillars..)

The NexBlue Edge EV Charger is smart. It can be connected to WIFI, 4G and bluetooth. The technology provides software-enabled customized functions. Online diagnosis and OTA upgrades are made remotely thanks to the connectivity. In case of issue, no physical maintenance is needed thanks to the real time data connectivity, and the modular structure. (The Hardware part can just be replaced)

The power of the charger goes from 1.4 to 22 kW, and is compatible with TN, TT and IT System. It comes with a built-in RDC and the CE certification.

Installation can be done for private users, residential buildings, offices, and much more!

I can send you more information about our product under request, feel free to ask me!

I am now looking for electricians or electrician engineers partners to install and to test our product. We will provide the product, the installation guide and the installation kit for free. And all the assistance needed, of course!

By our side we would like you to install the NexBlue EV Charger by yourself (It’s very easy to install), and to give us feedback on the product usage and its features! And perhaps in the future both of us would be happy to work together!

I’m looking forward to hearing from you,

Have a great day!

TL;DR
I am now looking for electricians or electrician engineers partners to install and to test our product. We will provide the product, the installation guide and the installation kit for free
Hi Everyone,

After a long time of research and development, we are finally proud to launch our new smart EV Charger: The NexBlue Edge.

Before we launch our new product officially, we would like to get professional electrician’s feedback on the installation and the usage, in order to be sure that it fits with installers and customers needs.

The product has a modular structure, for an easy installation and is scalable for bigger infrastructures. The product is a wall-box that can be fixed everywhere (Wall, pillars..)

The NexBlue Edge EV Charger is smart. It can be connected to WIFI, 4G and bluetooth. The technology provides software-enabled customized functions. Online diagnosis and OTA upgrades are made remotely thanks to the connectivity. In case of issue, no physical maintenance is needed thanks to the real time data connectivity, and the modular structure. (The Hardware part can just be replaced)

The power of the charger goes from 1.4 to 22 kW, and is compatible with TN, TT and IT System. It comes with a built-in RDC and the CE certification.

Installation can be done for private users, residential buildings, offices, and much more!

I can send you more information about our product under request, feel free to ask me!

I am now looking for electricians or electrician engineers partners to install and to test our product. We will provide the product, the installation guide and the installation kit for free. And all the assistance needed, of course!

By our side we would like you to install the NexBlue EV Charger by yourself (It’s very easy to install), and to give us feedback on the product usage and its features! And perhaps in the future both of us would be happy to work together!

I’m looking forward to hearing from you,

Have a great day!
Hello.

Do you have a UK office?

I might be interested if the product is free in exchange for installer/ user feedback

What safety systems does your product have? How does it comply with BS7671?
Hi! Thanks for your message.
Our safety/protection systems are:
  1. Built-in Energy Meter: ±2%
  2. Built-in RCD: 30mA Type A + 6mA DC
  3. Ingress Protection: IP54
  4. Impact Protection: IK10
  5. EMC level: CLASS B
  6. Other protection: Over current protection; Residual current protection; Short circuit protection; Ground protection; Surge protection; Over/Under voltage protection; Over temperature protection
We are working hard on the UK version to comply with BS7671 requirements, this is why we are very interested in discussing about our product and its specs.
I learned a lot thanks to this forum and I want the product to be UK-ready as soon as possible to send some samples to interested peoples! Have a great day

What method do you use, for PEN loss detection?
The software continuously detects the PEN issue (threshold 70V), and also detects the voltage on the firewire to ground (threshold 253V), the circuit would directly cuts off the output and will indicate a PEN fault when threshold reached. Because we do not have a display screen on the product, but user can see the corresponding light indicator to show the fault, also they can view the app to see the corresponding fault.
Our tech team are chasing perfection and will iterate our version for further requirement and modification of regulation!

The software continuously detects the PEN issue (threshold 70V), and also detects the voltage on the firewire to ground (threshold 253V), the circuit would directly cuts off the output and will indicate a PEN fault when threshold reached. Because we do not have a display screen on the product, but user can see the corresponding light indicator to show the fault, also they can view the app to see the corresponding fault.
Our tech team are chasing perfection and will iterate our version for further requirement and modification of regulation!

This threshold raised a question in my mind, but some quick reading leads me to understand that this is indeed the threshold required for PEN fault detection in the UK.

I'd incorrectly assumed that it was 50V, so thanks for helping to teach me something.

Hi! Thanks for your message.
Our safety/protection systems are:
  1. Built-in Energy Meter: ±2%
  2. Built-in RCD: 30mA Type A + 6mA DC
  3. Ingress Protection: IP54
  4. Impact Protection: IK10
  5. EMC level: CLASS B
  6. Other protection: Over current protection; Residual current protection; Short circuit protection; Ground protection; Surge protection; Over/Under voltage protection; Over temperature protection
We are working hard on the UK version to comply with BS7671 requirements, this is why we are very interested in discussing about our product and its specs.
I learned a lot thanks to this forum and I want the product to be UK-ready as soon as possible to send some samples to interested peoples! Have a great day
If you product doesn't currently comply with BS7671, how can they be installed in customers homes, in the UK?

This threshold raised a question in my mind, but some quick reading leads me to understand that this is indeed the threshold required for PEN fault detection in the UK.

I'd incorrectly assumed that it was 50V, so thanks for helping to teach me something.
No worries, happy to share! That is why I'm here.

If you product doesn't currently comply with BS7671, how can they be installed in customers homes, in the UK?
We are working hard on the last elements to fully fit with the regulations. Of course, we will never launch a product without being sure that everything is done perfectly, and with the best safety systems.

@Nexblue interesting proposal. having installed hundreds of chargers from many different brands I can give you a very good insight from both the installation perspective but also sales/marketing aswell.
the UK market is heavily saturated with different ev chargers so you will have to really have something excpetional and well priced to compete with myenergi, hypervolt even podpoint etc...
the main thing is the smart charger regulations and also now having the anti tamper feature in the charger so that if it is interefred with people are informed. there are very significant fines if the charger does not comply

Reply to Brand New EV Charger - We need you for testing and more! in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net