Discuss BS Numbers for a main cut out in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

petertwine

HI

Just wondering if anyone knows the bs number for the Main Cut out on this attatched picture. Does it come in under the gerneral 1361 II
any help would be welcome
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 135
I'd push towards the 3036 re-wireable too, along with solid brass links for the neutrals.

@ SirKit......kind of like a black museum you mean....

Also I'm I right in classing the system as TNC-S the only reason for me asking is that the cutout is old and I thought that TNS was a more popular earthing system.

Thanks again

Also I'm I right in classing the system as TNC-S the only reason for me asking is that the cutout is old and I thought that TNS was a more popular earthing system.

Thanks again

Depends on whether the earth conductor is coming off the sheath, or tapped off the neutral. You can't really see from the pic.

You could try to confirm what earthing system it is by taking loop readings from line to earth and from line to neutral at the board, if they are very similar then the chances are it will be TN-C-S....

with the cut out like it is and the earth wire from the area its petruding i would say its a TNS , agree with pevvers do a test see what the readings are max 0.35 tncs or 0.8 tns

Reply to BS Numbers for a main cut out in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am an electrician working for a OEM machinery manufacturer based in Germany, we are the local hub that is now taking over the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Carrying out a periodic inspection at a domestic installation. Semi- detached house on a row of houses. I cannot for the life of me...
Replies
Views
Hi There, Just wondering if anyone is aware of any devices that automatically preserve vehicle 12V battery life by breaking the circuit once the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, any recommendations for neat and complaint ways to "house" a new supply -- the main electrical fuse, cut out, meter etc that on our house...
Replies
Views
Hi All. Its been ages since I have been on here- Fortunately log in details stored on PC. I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock