Discuss Can anyone age this piece of kit?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigbaddave

Can anybody help with ageing this piece of kit.. GetAttachment.jpg

Attachments

• Old 3.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 195
No Defiantly not a door bell tranny, Its a TT system and the meter feeds this then feeds two fuses.. Original Electrics with toggle switches.. Guys not sure when the house was built..

Its roughly 15cm x 30cm

is it a bill isolator? a clearer pic would help.

View attachment 16516View attachment 16517probably as old as this 80 year old board i removed from a flat last month. It looks similar.

What that still is use?
Yep was indeed. The imperial V.R.I feeding it was 7/.052 and was solid. As soon as i moved it all the insulation crumbled away. We ended up having to run a new 16mm 3 core back to the ground floor flat intake position which was a pig!! as well as causing a stink with the tenant living there.

Yep was indeed. The imperial V.R.I feeding it was 7/.052 and was solid. As soon as i moved it all the insulation crumbled away. We ended up having to run a new 16mm 3 core back to the ground floor flat intake position which was a pig!! as well as causing a stink with the tenant living there.

Crazy how people can live so long with the gear in that condition, I am pricing a job with this bit of kit in there are the guy said "Does it need a rewire" ?

Place aint been touched since it was installed, Id estimate 1940's with toggle switches. Cable that bad its not possible to energise

its a perfect 1945-ish metal clad switchfuse
just bridge the neutral fuse and reuse it, the switch action is great, like those old brass sping loaded light switches

cast iron

That unit is from the middle 1930's rather than the 40's, though it may have been sitting on the shelf during the war years. ..lol!!! I can assure you it's not from the 50's.... lol!!

Reply to Can anyone age this piece of kit?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net