Discuss Can I install a SB4000TL in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GPack

-
Reaction score
Can I install a SB4000TL to serve a 3.990kWp array under G83/1 and then inform the DNO? Little bit concerned about how the current is limited to 16A?

Just do it! I do, every week, no problems so far, just put the max current down at 16A. If the worst comes to the worst you can re-visit and progamme the invert to cap it's output.

We've just had one other installer chatting to us saying that his DNO has checked all the installs they've done and anything that COULD be over 16 amps needs to be either limited or be resubmitted on a G83 Stage 2 ...

At your peril.. (and your reputation) Do it right first time, that way you don't get into bad habits, that'll catch you out later.

You can limit the power through the software, might be worth checking with the DNO first if its the first one you have done to make sure they will accept this adaption.

Im with Scottish Power and they have no probs on a G83/2 as long as Ive changed the over frequency to 51.5Hz for 5sec....

ALways ask first, saves loads of trouble down the line, as all they have to pick up on is Inverter model on the commissioning paperwork.....

Come on Surboyn own up, do you work for Krannich? :)

Come on Surboyn own up, do you work for Krannich? :)
Probably wish I did as I've met a couple of the technical team and they are a nice bunch of people (I buy a lot of my suppiies from them). Joking aside I prefer to install as it suits my lifestyle and background as a sparkie much better.

Thanks for letting us know, I was getting a bit suspicious :waving:

Nope.

Rumours abounded af an SB3800V and a SB4000TLV-20 limited to 16 A

However the SB4000TL-20 can be software limited to 16A, and depending upon you local DNO that is OK.

WHy not just go for the G83 Stage 2 and do right by the customer?

Not sure if the 4000TL is limited through GridGuard or just the installer password, either way you would have to assure the DNO that the customer can not change it back - Gridgard no problem, installers access, make sure you change and take note of the new password (I keep mine in the customer file)

Reply to Can I install a SB4000TL in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net