Discuss catering equipment in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gazzer

alrite peeps

ive just finished my first year at college and been offered a job working for a catering equipment company.:D

has anybody worked on this sort of stuff and if so have u got any tips ?

thanks

yeh some good oil resistant soles. it`s no fun laying on your back in a load of grease, and the clothes stink afterwards :)

phil even with the oil resisttant soles you still end up sliding round like bambi on ice on the nice tyled floors. As for the clothes stinking of 2 week old chip fat well your freinds get used to it

yeh but the other half still gives me grief :) when i came home stinking the house out after my performance of dancing on crisp and dry

I work in this field and the smell is the worst part with the fryers anyway, what sort of catering equipment are you looking to work on

Some of the newer equipment is very technical like the rational ovens/combi ovens, as said I do work in this field and have done for 15 years the money is good.That's what keeps me doing it.If I can help in anyway let me know.

scotsparky said:
i have and simply put its hot greasy repetative and you will always get soem stupid chef telling you whats wrong as soon as you walk in the door.

enjoy have fun.
I'm currently one of those stupid chefs thanks a lot

The new rational scc combis are super technical and are possibly best left to the the service partners

on tv great british menu the Wonder chef kept ****ing up due to him not understanding the oven lol turn down temp put stuff in straight away didnt understand why it burnt

Some of the newer equipment is very technical like the rational ovens/combi ovens, as said I do work in this field and have done for 15 years the money is good.That's what keeps me doing it.If I can help in anyway let me know.

hi kablue

been told i will be working on all sorts like fish&chip ranges,combi ovens,ducting systems/motors
even coffee machines and a few other bits of other equipment.:eek:

plus they have offered to pay my for next two years at college so this job has been a real god send

hi kablue

been told i will be working on all sorts like fish&chip ranges,combi ovens,ducting systems/motors
even coffee machines and a few other bits of other equipment.:eek:

plus they have offered to pay my for next two years at college so this job has been a real god send

Hello,

Worked on all of these especially the fish and chip ranges, interesting people in the industry you might enjoy it.
I take it you will be working with gas as most of these are are gas fired.
Expect to get very dirty with this job,the grease is extreme.
Good Luck with this if i can help with any info let me know

I did this job about 10 years ago and to be honest am glad to be out of it now. But if they are going to pay your college fees it may be a good offer to take up.

For me I stopped enjoying it when I was pretty much forced to start working on the gas side of it. Basically all I had to do was a 2 to 3 day ACOPs course and I was qualified to work at appliance level. But I wasn't very confident having just dealt solely with the electrical side for 12 or so years.Gas frightens me:eek:

mike dont be scared i have have gass all the time pass it regular:D:D
:):):):)

It just seemed very odd to me at the time because there were gas board trained engineers with years of experience and me a spark who luckily is quite good at exams and I can do a 3 day course and get higher marks than some of them. It certainly doesn't make me better gaswise(if that is a word) and there is no substitute for experience. I had quite a few angry customers when I started condemning equipment for failing pressure tests and talking to some of the other fitters they would have let it pass.

Reply to catering equipment in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net