Discuss Ceiling Lights and Speakers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,

So In my bathroom i already have four downlighters and i am wanting to add two Bluetooth ceiling speakers (see link below)

What do i need to buy in order to make it so i do not need to have these 'plugged into a socket' and just have them wired to the downlighters and get their power from them.

Thanks
Chris,

If you look at the nice pictures of the product, it tells you what you need!
It says that you need a 3amp fused connection unit and connect that to the lighting circuit*

So, buy from Screwfix, or whoever, a fused connection unit, a patress box to mount it on and some 1mm twin and earth cable. Thats all you need.

*NOTE the downlights will be connected to the neutral and switched live of the lighting circuit. This wont work for your speakers, they need to be powered all of the time. Therefore, you will need to find a permanent live and neutral for the lighting circuit. That may be in the loft, or in the light switch... it depends

If you look at the nice pictures of the product, it tells you what you need!
It says that you need a 3amp fused connection unit and connect that to the lighting circuit*

So, buy from Screwfix, or whoever, a fused connection unit, a patress box to mount it on and some 1mm twin and earth cable. Thats all you need.

*NOTE the downlights will be connected to the neutral and switched live of the lighting circuit. This wont work for your speakers, they need to be powered all of the time. Therefore, you will need to find a permanent live and neutral for the lighting circuit. That may be in the loft, or in the light switch... it depends

Hi,

Sorry i am no spark i just want to have all the materials in so i can then hand them over to someone to fit.

I will need to google what the items are, fused connection unit and patress box.

edit: googled, ok i get it, so i have an old patress box which was used to power the old electric shower but it now powers my stuff in the loft, maybe the spark can go off that box?

Sorry i am no spark i just want to have all the materials in so i can then hand them over to someone to fit.

And they will almost certainly hand them back to you and supply their own materials because using customer supplied materials can be a nightmare. You may inadvertently supply a brand they don't trust or is of low quality, or else it becomes an issue if there is any warranty claim in the future.

Reply to Ceiling Lights and Speakers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net