Discuss Changes to the 2391 course. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SirKit Breaker

I have got the qualification handbook from C&G for the new courses to replace the 2391.

Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification of Electrical Installations. C&G 2394-01

This is made up of the following,
  • Unit 301, Principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations. Assessment method, online multiple choice test. 40 questions, 1 hour duration.
  • Unit 302, as above, but assessment method is Written test 3 hour duration, set and marked by City and Guilds.
  • Unit 303, as above, but assessment method is Practical, and is set by C&G, delivered and marked by the assessor/tutor, and will be externally verified by C&G to make sure it is carried out properly.
This qualification recognises prior learning. This means that if you have completed any part of this qualification which forms part of another qualification then you will not need to repeat that part of the assessment for subsequent qualifications. you will see where this applies later on when i explain 2395-01.

Level 3 award In the Periodic Inspection, testing and certification of Electrical Installations. C&G 2395-01

This is made up of the following,
  • Unit 301, principles, practices, and legislation for the periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of electrical installations. assessment method, online multiple choice test, 40 questions 1 hour duration. (this is the same test as for the 2349-01)
  • Unit 302, as above, but assessment method is written test 3 hour duration, set and marked by C&G.
  • Unit 303, as above, but assessment method, practical set by C&G delivered and marked by assessor/tutor and will be externally verified by C&G to make sure it is carried out properly.
The guided learning hours for these courses are 36 hours each. So that is two four day courses if you include the 3 assessments.
Reading into things, it looks like they have split the 2391 in half, and made it twice as long which should make it a bit easier. BS7671:2008 (2011), and the existing GN3 are still the bibles for both courses.

They have also introduced an new one.

Level 4 Award in the design and verification of electrical installations, C&G 2396-01, but this up a level, so i wont go there for now.

Cheers..........Howard

so is that the 2391-20 abolished as I've just paid for it and as for making it easier whats that all about?

No the 2391 is still current till mid 2012. If you look at the content of the 2 new courses you will see it has broken it up into 2 parts, Initial verification and Periodic. 2931 is both in one 4 day course, the new is 2 seperate 4 day courses, so it will be easier, but it will also take twice as long and cost twice as much.

Cheers.......Howard

No the 2391 is still current till mid 2012. If you look at the content of the 2 new courses you will see it has broken it up into 2 parts, Initial verification and Periodic. 2931 is both in one 4 day course, the new is 2 seperate 4 day courses, so it will be easier, but it will also take twice as long and cost twice as much.

Cheers.......Howard

I'd personally like to see it be harder! to prove your worth...

You will probably eat your words once you have done it. Alas, it will only be easier because it is split into 2 parts, it wont be easier because the content is easier. It will still be a bloody hard nut to crack.

If I was to sit it probably! but as I passed the original 2391 some years ago I think I'll give it a miss I need to pass this 2391-20 then HNC is my route

well i dont see why the 2391 should be changed from what it is at the mo` If you havn`t passed....theres a reason for it...simple as......just making it easier/dumbing it down....whatever they want to call it only masks the issue that some just arn`t ready to take this course......

well i dont see why the 2391 should be changed from what it is at the mo` If you havn`t passed....theres a reason for it...simple as......just making it easier/dumbing it down....whatever they want to call it only masks the issue that some just arn`t ready to take this course......

Has to be changed due to the regs update, most people will still fall down on the practical/written exam imo

Reply to Changes to the 2391 course. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net