Discuss Clarification on EPC process in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TedM

OFGEM have published updated guidance on FiTs that includes details of how the new EPC part is to work. Anyone who has followed my previous posts about this will find no surprises - DECC have decided to implement the same exemption process that I suggested they might use.

Details are here: http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Sustainability/Environment/fits/Info/Documents1/FIT Supplier Guidance.pdf

EPC details start at para 3.25.

Note that this guidance is written for FiT Licensees. There is separate guidance for anyone submitting >50kW systems via the ROO-FIT process here http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Sustainability/Environment/fits/Documents1/FIT generator guidance.pdf

Presumably MCS will issue some guidance of their own soon.

Section 3.29, so a PV system can not add to the EPC points, as it states it has to be band D before the installation.
Thanks Ted we are all grateful for your input.

No, it states it has to be band D before the ELIGIBILITY date of the installation. You can therefore install pv, get the EPC done and then register for FiT, it is this registration date which is the 'eligibility date'.

Section 3.29, so a PV system can not add to the EPC points, as it states it has to be band D before the installation.
Thanks Ted we are all grateful for your input.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

It says it must be EPC D before the eligibility date, and the eligibility date is the date at which the FIT application is received by the electricity company.

The model I've seem to have in place is our DEA will do a pre-assessment report to us with recommendations then we will feed the PV spec into it if it's a D then proceed. However my chap will have to perform a revisit after to take pictures and varify before producing an epc.

Earthstore, 2.87 is just saying that you cannot submit an EPC 'D' after the FiTs contract has already been put in place. You have to submit it at the same time as making an application for a contract. If you fail to submit one when it is needed then the 9p rate will apply for the entire 25 year term, even if the property is later updated to get a 'D'.

I think we all need to be careful how we administer the whole EPC FIT registration, I recommend we have a clear procedure. We may also need to update contracts to cover ourselves.

Reply to Clarification on EPC process in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net