Discuss Combination smoke / carbon monoxide alarms in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingeri

Electrician's Arms
Lady I'm dealing with today and tomorrow has asked me about mains smokes. She wants one in EVERY room in the house, and on the landings and even in the cellar. She's a tad paranoid about fire I think. She also wants the smoke alarms to detect carbon monoxide. I've seen battery combo detectors but does any company make mains interlinked ones? Or at least a carbon monoxide alarm that can interlink with the smokes?

D

DurhamSparky

Aico have mains interlinked carbon that can jump on same circuit as smokes,...!!

you only need carbon next to an outlet that produces them, unflued fire, boiler, etc

OP
kingeri

kingeri

Electrician's Arms
Thanks for that. I have to admit smokes is an area that I am quite inexperienced in.

ruston

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
They also do a remote test/silence switch that can be fitted anywhere in the circuit. I would recommend one in an installation with as many detectors as you will have as is will be a pain to test and locate and isolate a false alarm.

The CO detector also omits a different sound to differentiate between types of alarm.
Aico EI1529RC Mains Powered Remote Control Switch: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 63 67.0%
  • Black

Votes: 31 33.0%

Electrician Talk