Discuss company charges for tax returns. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jmunns

Hi all,

I've recently started work and part of it is working through a company which deals with my returns. However, for this service, the company wants eighteen pounds a week. Is this considered a normal price for managing an individual's tax returns? Thanks for the help!

Another layer of parasite. Basically, agencies have to work through C.I.S (Construction Industies Scheme), so taxman gets his 20% upfront. Upside is, first 10K or so is tax free, so you can get rebate of 2K, nice little hit once a year.
Make sure you have a U.T.R. number or you'll be paying 30%! That stings.

All changed at the beginning of the tax year.
We are now paid PAYE, though no one actually employs us.
This means we have to meet the employer's NI contribution out of our money (about £50).

Another layer of parasite. Basically, agencies have to work through C.I.S (Construction Industies Scheme), so taxman gets his 20% upfront. Upside is, first 10K or so is tax free, so you can get rebate of 2K, nice little hit once a year.
Make sure you have a U.T.R. number or you'll be paying 30%! That stings.

30% ?? Get on the books and try 40% now that really hurts.

Reply to company charges for tax returns. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just finished a contract working on a new build where, over the past 13 months, I've learned much of the ins and outs of modern...
Replies
Views
Hi, Currently working my way through my NVQ portfolio (Nearing Completion) but getting stuck on how to complete the following criteria due to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock