Discuss Comparing sites and the type of people that use them. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all... :smile5:

I do find it interesting looking at other electricians sites and comparing them. I've spent 2 or 3 years on this one and it is by far the one I use the most (approx 90%).

The type of questions asked are very similar amongst the different sites but the way they get answered can vary quite a bit .

This site for instance has quite a large, loyal following, it's fun and entertaining and I actually feel quite close to one or two of the members, it does also answer the electrical questions! However, there is also the 'very small' element who are just here to cause discomfort to others and dont have any 'real' interest in helping others or indeed electrics really. I don't think I'll ever understand the way they feel and I feel sorry for them.

Another site has very little bickering or bullying or whatever it should be called and it seems more aimed towards finding answers, solutions and is much more forgiving... But it doesn't have the 'laughter'!!

I think I shall stick with the 90/4/3/3 ratio.... and I'm still not going to mention any of the other sites!! It would seem a bit disrepectful!!

Not really sure of the point of this thread, but I guess thats why i've put it in 'chit chat'.

I like it here :smile5:

although I must add when I do actually meet a lady who I actually stick with (or can stick me) you can all **** off!! :wink:

None of us know everything - if we did, there'd be no point browsing a forum!

A few pretend that they do by firing off one line responses, usually punctuated with a question mark, without offering any kind of answer.

Those who really know their stuff just offer advice without trying to prove anything.

Just my observations! :) Most people on here try to help others out.

A few pretend that they do by firing off one line responses, usually punctuated with a question mark, without offering any kind of answer.
Why do you think that is? Do you have the proper test equipment?

Those who really know their stuff just offer advice without trying to prove anything.
Don't eat the yellow snow.

None of us know everything - if we did, there'd be no point browsing a forum!

Just my observations! :) Most people on here try to help others out.

I have replied with one liners punctuated by a question mark in the past, not trying to be a smartass, but you have to admit some of the more dafter questions deserve a response like the one you describe, not all of them of course.

I have replied with one liners punctuated by a question mark in the past, not trying to be a smartass, but you have to admit some of the more dafter questions deserve a response like the one you describe, not all of them of course.
Very true, we've probably all done it at some point although sometimes it's better to ignore them and let them slip down the list. :)

its an interesting topic brought up by HHD.

we all have our own reasons for how & why we use this or any other website / forum , though ours is clearly occupationally led.

I'm on EF simply for the social element , which is first class.

I dont contribute to any other electrical forums other than this one as i dont want keep seeing / talking about the same stuff , although some interesting stuff comes up in the IET forum , i just read threads rather than participate in any way.

i suspect everyones forum activity reflects their personal interests like mine , and as such i enjoy the astra owners club , seiko watch , chess.com forums.

though as a troll , utopia is the barryboys website , where swearing and fighting is pretty much mandatory :)

its the internet equivolent of a millwall home game , brutal.

we all have our own reasons for how & why we use this or any other website / forum , though ours is clearly occupationally led.

I dont contribute to any other electrical forums other than this one as i dont want keep seeing / talking about the same stuff , although some interesting stuff comes up in the IET forum , i just read threads rather than participate in any way.

i suspect everyones forum activity reflects their personal interests like mine , and as such i enjoy the astra owners club , seiko watch , chess.com forums.

though as a troll , utopia is the barryboys website , where swearing and fighting is pretty much mandatory :)

come on biff you missed off 4chan forums lol

If it's swearing and fighting you want then get yourself over to a forum called landyzone and ask them what the biggest wheels you can fit on your landrover are!

Reply to Comparing sites and the type of people that use them. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net