Discuss Course Update in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickjames

Gents a quick question about course updates. Im returning to the UK after 18months and hoping to get straight back on the tools as an employed member of staff. Before i left England i did my 2391 test and inspect, and my 17th Edition Regs update, however after browsing on this forum the 2394/2395 keeps popping up in different posts. I have a really brief look on CG website, but was wondering how i stand with my current qualifications when applying for jobs. Are the 2394/2395 essentially a rebranded 2391? Thank you in advance, and sorry if this has been covered already, im using a handheld device to use the forum and finding it a bit difficult to navigate with temperamental malaysian wi fi!!

Sorry to hear that lads, the reason i left was in the hope that on returning there would be a bit more work. Maybe i should of stayed away for a decade!! So basically 2394/95 is a money spinner?!thanks for the rapid response!

Just read the article, many thanks! Have either of you done the course/s. it seems to me it is a more "focused" (long winded)2391?! Are there any major additional subjects covered or is it just more classroom time studying the regs book? To be honest it may be beneficial to spend a bit longer on the periodic section, there were several grey areas which lecturers seemed to gloss over during my 2391, maybe that was just my experience?

There is a thanks button you know :D

wouldn't know mate, I have C&G2391 so I ain't planning on it anytime soon lol. Money racket if you ask me, no change out of £1000 quid for the two courses? madness.

Blimey, that is pricey. Luckily my 2391 was funded by my firm. 1000 quid for a one man show is steep seeing that your saying work is scarse. Rob have you got the 2391 or are you doing this as the 2391 is now redundant??cheers boys, feedback is much appreciated!

I'm doing it because I haven't got 2391 mate. I wouldn't worry about it mate 2391 is still valid I haven't seen one job asking for 2394/2395 it is always 2391 so you are ahead of most of the sparks now days with their 1 week courses ;)

Haha!!nice one mate. Ive been off the tools now for 18months and im home soon, so im working my arse off to refresh everything in my head and make sure im employable on my return. Luckily iv got a couple of mates who can give me some days to get back into the swing of things. Im off to Borneo tonight, and have my regs app on my phone to browse through.......sad i know!! Saying that after working in a non trade environment for a year its surprising how much you miss working with you brain and hands!

Ads i read on this forum that the last retake exams where happening halfway through this month.......but i cant be sure!! Tripe is one word, seems utterly ridiculous timing considering the state of the economy to introduce this course?!

I know what you mean mate I'm employed doing maintenance at the moment sod all electrical work I read through regs and guidance note 3 a lot it's doing me head in. I have good skills but its tough out there. I'm taking small steps to going it alone. Had my documents to go part p accepted yesterday have to book an assessment now. Just wondering if ill get enough work to make it worthwhile. Good luck though mate

Cheers pal, might need it!! By the sounds of it any kind of work, whether its maintenance or house bashing, seems to be at a premium at the mo. shocking situation. Maybe you should consider NZ or Ozzy, theres still plenty of work in Christchurch.......i considered it but the place is an absolute ghost town after the quake. hope your plan bears fruit pal. Cheers sparkymalarky, hope things start improving with you, at least united are gunna win the title......i say it with clenched teeth as a city fan!!!

Nick, i've been considering NZ, christchurch.. was there last year and as you say its very quiet, i didnt realise how much damage it really did do! My uncle lives in NZ and says the money is much better in Aus. Good to keep options open.

Its unreal, there still pulling down buildings nevermind re building yet! No ones there tho! I was living in auckland and it seemed everyone from Christchurch moved up there after the quake!! Yeah i mean i think you get around $25 NZ an hour on average, wheras in Ozzy i was hearing stories of blokes getting $40+ an hour.....and the ozzy dollar is far stronger!?

Yep, exactly what i have been told, pretty much double the money in Australia. I can imagine Christchurch was a beautiful place before the quake. And as you say, a lot of people moved to the North Island after it too, and can't blame them as like you say, there is nothing in Christchurch now, it will take a long time to get it back to a working city again.

Reply to Course Update in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net