Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Crabtree starbreaker (shower install) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

So further on from my last post regarding shower, not been there yet, it’s for my nan, these star breakers as you can see in picture, the RCD protecting 4 circuits, to protect the shower can I just take the 40A out already and move everything over 1 including RCD I’m sure there the ones that just push in?
Thanks

Attachments

Aico 3000 Range
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have seen the busbars you can buy and they have the little red stopper I take it that’s for Neutral so can’t exactly move everything over 1

No things will not move over. You can replace the 40A with an rcbo as a new Starbreaker will fit but you may have issues with its height.

T

Toneyz

We had to get an RCBO for an old Starbreaker board (not so old as that) and whilst when we got it the design and livery was slightly different Crabtree confirmed to me it was compatible with the old design so chances are as Westward posted he new compact one will fit maybe a quick call to Crabtree Technical before ordering. As for can you move everything ver one no you can't as it is fixed where the RCD and MCB's sit it is not reconfigurable.

Reply to Crabtree starbreaker (shower install) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom