Discuss Do they make 2 pole isolator light switches and modules? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My kitchen had an extension at some point and the 2 lights are switched from a 2 gang light switch. It's separate circuits so I can't join them together, ideally I need one module to switch both circuits switch lines, so the lights come on together. Then use the other gang for something else. The only ones I can find are clunky 1g DP isolators.

Scolmore minigrid do a DP module that looks just like a regular 2-way switch, e.g. MD018WH for "Click Mode white," pair it with a CMA401 Click Mode plate (or just buy a CMA011 and chuck the 2-way switch module). Decorative versions also available. It's slightly harder to press than a regular 2-way switch, but you only really notice it if there's a DP and a 2-way next to each other.

Two circuits on one switch.... that'll be a nice surprise for someone doing fault-finding in the future!

Also double pole light switches are usually only rated to 250v. If it's 2 separate circuits it's possible they're on different phases if you have a 3-phase consumer unit meaning the switch would need to be rated at 440v.

I'm confused...if you have a 2 gang switch already and want the two to switch both switch wires why can't you just double up in one and use the other for the 'something else'?

I'm confused...if you have a 2 gang switch already and want the two to switch both switch wires why can't you just double up in one and use the other for the 'something else'?

Sounds like they are on 2 different circuits. Presumably each light fitting is fed from a different neutral so can't be combined.

is he needing the second switch for something else?

What about a fan isolator switch?

I just dont like the idea of using a terminal marked N for anything other than a neutral

Err, not sure I'm with you. I might have another read of the original question when I sit down.
I got from it that he wants two lights on separate circuits to come on together, and wants to put the switch lives in one rocker to come on at the same time. I'm presuming the only way that can be done is by using a DP switch and using the N for one of the switch lives?

I got from it that he wants two lights on separate circuits to come on together, and wants to put the switch lives in one rocker to come on at the same time. I'm presuming the only way that can be done is by using a DP switch and using the N for one of the switch lives?

Yeah i think the same. Doesn't sit right does it.

Yeah different RCD's as well as different circuits for the 2 ceiling roses in my kitchen. I want to change it from 2 switches one for each, to one switch ceilings and one switch under counter lights+ mood lighting etc.

Don't wanna join the lines obv, but having 2 switches for one kitchen ceiling looks like I wired it wrong. I can't loop between the lights either.

Might have to go Alexa

Reply to Do they make 2 pole isolator light switches and modules? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net