Discuss Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

freddo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

How can anyone get 10 pairs so tangled?!
tidyphone.jpg

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
How can anyone get 10 pairs so tangled?!
View attachment 58842
Probably the same spaghetti monster who did these fibres...

IMG_1450.JPG

Simon47

-
Arms
Esteemed
<rant>Yeah, and it's the sort of thing that means that those of us who do care and do have a clue now have to just through more hoops of red tape.
The thing is, there's enough evidence there to deal with such clueless ****oles without needing new regs - this is a clear breach of the "mumble homes fitness for habitation mumble" regulations. But the biggest problem is that the existing rules/regs/laws just aren't enforced - in part because the councils don't have the cash for enforcement. So instead we get another layer of regs that won't actually be enforced except when something gets flagged up.
So decent landlords will pay up for an EICR every few years, rogues will just ignore it like they ignore everything else, and the councils will do naff all about it.
</rant>
Post automatically merged:

Probably the same spaghetti monster who did these fibres...
Actually that's "relatively" tidy. Short of making custom length cables for every connection (which negates the benefits of factory made & tested cables), it's very difficult to do such a high-density patching without the piles of cables hanging down the side.
As for the 10 pair, that's a different matter. Looks like a 201C box that's missing the punchdown blocks - why might be an interesting question. But the problem here is that the engineers (actually, most of them aren't engineers, just technicians) are typically given more jobs to do than they have time for, and the days when they all had extensive training which included the "art of tidy terminations" seem to be long gone. So these days it's mostly a case of get in, do what you have to do, get out - and no time to tidy up anyone else's mess while you're at it.
But that's what everyone seems to want - not that they realise it. Almost everyone is only interested in "who will do X for the least amount of money" - and that typically means "who can do X for the least expenditure of man-hours".

Last edited:
Water cooled twin and earth 20200622_152613.jpg

Found this today supplying lights in a valet bay the rest of the install it nicely done . Not sur who thought using twin and earth in underground duct was a good idea 20200622_152613.jpg

Bet that stagnant water stinks

Not to bad actually just wonder what the life span of Pvc in water is . Sending the mega down it tommorow to see how it fairing .it was installed 6 months ago

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Not to bad actually just wonder what the life span of Pvc in water is . Sending the mega down it tommorow to see how it fairing .it was installed 6 months ago
Sending Mega down it, don't understand.

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
pvc can survive quite well under water, UV is its strongest enemy and there wont be much of that down the pipe.

but i think i might have done it differently if it were my job.
p.s. be sure to check the ducting size, not sure if they should have crammed so many cables into that tiny duct!!!!

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Must remember that phrase "sending the Mega down it " for future information, as opposed to carrying out an IR test " Wonderful description!" NOT

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
sent you a rainbow @Pete999
to cheer you up.:D

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Must remember that phrase "sending the Mega down it " for future information, as opposed to carrying out an IR test " Wonderful description!" NOT
New one on me too. I must admit though, I've known faults 'clear' after 'giving it a blast with the megger'.
edit. Drat!....I'll tick ya!

I suppose it’s the equivalent to the mechanic kicking the tyre or the plumber blowing down a pipe...

I know it not the correct terminology and yes I know a mega is a brand not a test 🤪 sorry Pete if I have made you mad. 😬

or a vet shooting a horse?
no

that’s not a diagnostic test

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
I know it not the correct terminology and yes I know a mega is a brand not a test 🤪 sorry Pete if I have made you mad. 😬
Not making me mad Mate, just wonder why people have to talk like rock stars rather than professional trades people.

H

-
Arms
It helps the young lads!!!

freddo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
As for the 10 pair, that's a different matter.
Well I fitted a block today as part of the building refurb and connected a new outgoing cable as this is being linked to another room. Fortunately there was about 5' of cable coiled in the duct as the old wires were only a few inches long. I hope the other end of the ducted cable is better, I've not seen it yet I'm told it goes to a now removed pabx. I've only attached a small photo as I don't do these very often, in fact, this is my first...
phon.jpg

Reply to Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom