Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Oh dear! Is that box/rail earthed?
Heat shrink held in place with tape? lol! Not even the right coloured tape. Is that main earth joined under the tape as well?
Needs some grommet strip round that top as well

Think you're gonna be in that place for a while if the other 89 DB's are nearly as bad

Keep up the good work

PS
Bet that fcu was a bit smelly....

Bloody plumbers! Ripped this wiring out on Thursday, some of the worst heating system wiring I've ever seen. Look closely and you can see why. It's a good job the pipework was all copper with main bonding as the heating electrics had no earth connection. Some cpcs had been cut out and used for switched lines, even though spare insulated conductors were available. Total madness. The joint box was jammed behind some pipes in the airing cupboard. The supply was all wrong as well, fed from a SFCU the incoming and outgoing neutrals were in the same terminal, wired in .75 flex connected to a 30A 3036 fuse.

echo heat1.jpg

echo heat2.jpg

Does the artex covering help prevent any fire spreading?

On an RCD? Probably not.

Jeez that's horrific. Have you advised him on more suitable light fittings and junction boxes? Daz

Yeah but the reply was "we don't use them much anyway"

Amazing the RCD doesn't trip-the-light-fantastic with this arrangement. Let me guess, no RCD?

Edit - same thought as Pat :)

That's correct no rcd

The board is merlin gerin and looks quite tidy so I'd imagine the outside additions are most likely DIY as I doubt a first year apprentice wouldn't even churn out that rubbish.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock